corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » OMG AT THIS!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OMG AT THIS!!!
andy hirst

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs, apple make a superior product, there is software for it, it doesnt break down and the OS shits on windows anyday!!!
PaulW

23rd Nov 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by soaped
apple make a superior product

As a standard out-of-the-box computer, yes it looks good, but the Hardware is comparible to various other setups which you can get or build yourself.

quote:
there is software for it

you just have to find it first!

quote:
it doesnt break down

No computer is 100% reliable. There are numerous factors which can result in hardware failure, from the manufacturing process, to the end user.

quote:
the OS shits on windows anyday!!!

Yes maybe so, but don't forget, Apple's OS is designed to run on a hardware setup which Apple already designed, so they will know exactly what the OS will be capable of, where-as Windows is designed to run on multiple platforms & configurations, so that is one of the reasons why it's not as stable, as it has to be more forgiving.
andy hirst

23rd Nov 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes maybe so, but don't forget, Apple's OS is designed to run on a hardware setup which Apple already designed, so they will know exactly what the OS will be capable of, where-as Windows is designed to run on multiple platforms & configurations, so that is one of the reasons why it's not as stable, as it has to be more forgiving

I rest my case.

P.s my mac has never crashed nor have i had any problems + i have tons of software, all you need is broadband
PaulW

23rd Nov 03 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have quite a good collection of software aswell, SourceForge is top of the list of my favourites since installing linux on my laptop, being able to get all the programs & have the ability to completely customize them is quality!

Rest of the machines in my house are all running XP, 2000 Server & 2k3 Server (XP Clients not my choice, but families choice)
andy hirst

23rd Nov 03 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be into Linux when i was doing my computing degree, was a good system. I quit that and now do media, i use Final Cut Pro 4 which is the greatest piece of software EVER!
PaulW

23rd Nov 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind getting a copy of DreamWeaver MX to work on Linux, but atm I'm having to use VMWare to do a base install of Window 98 (eurg) to run it, just doesn't wana know under wine!

Apparently tho I hear rumours that DreamWeaverMX 2004 may be released for Linux

Other than that, its mainly software development & getting to grips with customising the kernel a bit to remove/add features I don't need or do need. Just a case really of feking about I suppose!
andy hirst

23rd Nov 03 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im Glad i left the computer business behind, i had sooo much trouble trying to get Suse 7.2 to work, but at uni twas vgood, didnt get that far with it. Im very suprised there isnt more mainstream software available for linux, when i left it a couple of years ago the was some good software coming through for it, shame it could give microsoft a good run for its money in the pc market otherwise.
PaulW

23rd Nov 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few mainstream apps available for Linux, but best thing is the fact its all pretty much Open Source! I'm using OpenOffice on my laptop, amazing piece of software! Does pretty much everything MSOffice can & then some! And if your competant in coding, if it can't do something you want, you can just code it straight into the Source & recompile it! Same with other bits too, recently got a digicam (Kodak DX-6340), and it works without the need to install any other drivers under Linux, just straight in plug&play like nearly all the other hardware & stuff I got unlike on windows (even XP) where I needed to install all the drivers for everything, which probably took up a good few hundred meg

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » OMG AT THIS!!! 23 database queries in 0.0083981 seconds