corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DODGY DEALER WARNING

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DODGY DEALER WARNING
M2RTY

User status: Offline
27th Nov 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin J
Guy I know bought a Golf GTi private found out it was a cut and shut, an AA report reviled 2 A4 pages of faults on the car. Done a wee bit of research - found out the guy that sold it private also owns his own garage and is licensed as a trader, phoned the previous owner of the car, a lady - said the car had been in a bad rear end collision and Written off. Went to the police they couldn’t do nothing cos it was private sale - had to scrap the car lost the lot

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Colin J]

is it not illegal to cut n shut cars thus making this an illegal sale, and also hidding the history of the car to some extent

i sure as hell wouldnt go by what the police say, id have damn right made sure i took him to court
Sam
Premium Member

28th Nov 03 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
quote:
Originally posted by Scott
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
dogie dealer - mestonian

You not got back what he took yet then?

not yet , suppose to be coming back today , but hes obviously spent it

out of my hands now the police and my soliciter are involved

Whats all this over?

A lot of money!
Andy Morley

28th Nov 03 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dogie dealer - mestonian

your the dogiest of the lot

youve owed me money for ages
Chris220

28th Nov 03 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr.Gibbs,

With your permission I wish to begin an e-mail/harassment campaign against these people. I have the necessary tools in place and would gladly devote some time to this endeavor if it is agreeable.
I would of course keep you updated as to the responses.
Adam-D

28th Nov 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell
thats one stuffed beemer!
is that the one u were trying to gt the head off
how did u do it in the end?
Craig6682

30th Nov 03 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wot a bumer. I'd take this dude to court, if that doesn't work then i'd go and give him a little slap.
Ben
Banned

30th Nov 03 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a report from RAC coz if ur goin to court u will need sumart to back u up!
deffo take him to court, if u win u will be able to claim legal aid ,if it all goes tits up get onto "traders from hell" and tell em ! that wud fuck his business up, or just go pay him a visit with sum friends!

Steve
Premium Member

30th Nov 03 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and a baseball bat
kenny2many

2nd Dec 03 at 02:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what happens when u buy cheap shit cars im afraid.

only joking this is a shocker
MattyB

3rd Dec 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Guy I know bought a Golf GTi private found out it was a cut and shut, an AA report reviled 2 A4 pages of faults on the car. Done a wee bit of research - found out the guy that sold it private also owns his own garage and is licensed as a trader, phoned the previous owner of the car, a lady - said the car had been in a bad rear end collision and Written off. Went to the police they couldn’t do nothing cos it was private sale - had to scrap the car lost the lot

Why the hell did he get an AA inspection done AFTER he had bought the car???? Thats plain stupid. The whole reason u get the inspection done is to check to see if the car is any good, then if not, u dont buy it.

more fool him
Colin

9th Dec 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:

Why the hell did he get an AA inspection done AFTER he had bought the car???? Thats plain stupid. The whole reason u get the inspection done is to check to see if the car is any good, then if not, u dont buy it.

more fool him

He noticed a weld along the chassis when he was cleaning it, though - oh shit so got it done

Yes "more the fool him" for buying a cut n shut but not everyone gets these simple checks done when buying a used car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DODGY DEALER WARNING 23 database queries in 0.2221000 seconds