corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gap year

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gap year
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
13th Dec 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking of doing a gap year before uni. So it'll be from june 2004 when i finish my a levels until september 2005. Any ideas wot to do? wouldn't mind some stuff that look good on cv - (doing a geog/economics course in uni, btw. so future career will prob be sumfing to do wiv that)
koolkorsa

13th Dec 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well this was a pointless post wasn;t it!
DanielJ

13th Dec 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
koolkorsa

13th Dec 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol prob the smallest response to a sensible question i've eva seen.
Dom

13th Dec 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing the same mate....
do something that will help ya future job or your uni course. Im looking to go to LIPA in liverpool to study sound technology and im taking a year out to work in a studio for experience etc Obviously if it goes well i might not go uni, eitherway its experience
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 03 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to university as late as you possibly can. Everyone I was there with who was older than me did considerably better. Plus you get the opportunity of some work experience and perhaps exposure to some of the things you'll be learning about in the degree.
drunkenfool

13th Dec 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive taken a gap year just cos i couldnt cope with more of the education system straight away! I have mates doing charity work in africa, and two teaching english in foreign countries (Nepal and Costa Rica). Talk to your carteers advisors at college mate, they will be able to give you some ideas and contacts, im pretty sure there are things that would help you and you would enjoy.
vibrio
Banned

13th Dec 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally would go to university as soonish as you can so long as you were 18.
koolkorsa

13th Dec 03 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking job in ski resort for the winter. then go to the british lions tour of new zealand in the june and july of 2005. Then in between fuck knows! but would those fings look good on a cv?
vibrio
Banned

13th Dec 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather get the education out the way and get a job so I could earn proper cash. I went to uni late. I;ve only had a job for the last 2.5 years. I am 29 in january
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 03 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how commited you are to the course Ross. Generally going older makes you want to fit in a little better and get on with work instead of working out ways to get out of it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gap year 23 database queries in 0.0191600 seconds