corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rah! Fear my Sxi Power :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rah! Fear my Sxi Power :D
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   3rd Jan 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh yeh - I know Sxi's aren't powerful.

basically I got my car RR'd a while ago (graph below) and the guy showed that my power was dropping off after about 4.2k rpm because my air flow meter was messed up, and thus it wasn't pumping enough fuel in higher up the revs.

Anyway, just fitted a new AFM (cheers Scott M) - reset my ECU and taken it for a drive, and it feels a lot better after 4.5k ... in 3rd gear it keeps pulling strong (on the close ratio gear box) to 5800ish RPM

Also sorted a couple of flat spots that I had on my graph where it'd suddenly dip while accelerating... dunno if its that perfect - too much traffic on the dual carriage ways / motorways to check - but I'll give it a blast later.

The guy said my car was definately a 75 bhp corsa standard, so with the air filter + full straight through exhaust system, if I get my car dyno'd again to check its alright I should be looking at 80'ish bhp. which compared to most cars is shit. but its nippy enough.

Plus people like Steve (snowy) and mattb will vouch for how I take my corners / roundabouts - who needs to accelerate when you don't slow down in the first place

Paul J

[Edited on 03-01-2004 by Paul_J]
Andy Stocker

3rd Jan 04 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't slow down at roundabouts???
Paul_J

3rd Jan 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah - car struggles to go fast enough to need to slow down
Red_SXi

3rd Jan 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul it was only a month ago you were considering a 1.6 16v Engine conversion
Paul_J

3rd Jan 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't get insured on a 1.6 16v or it'd be too expensive atm.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » rah! Fear my Sxi Power :D 23 database queries in 0.1774411 seconds