corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine menagenent light comes on.Need your advice people.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine menagenent light comes on.Need your advice people.
Lazarus1

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it did come once today and i know it could be a lot of things..let me just tell you about the situation..driving today i floored it in 2nd(5000rpm) then changed to 3rd ,4th and was driving for about 30sec in 4th doing 60mph.Then i let my foot of the gas pedal and the light came on..swithed to 3rd ,2nd and when i gave the cluch in order to stop the car started caughing and it died.I restarted it and it was ok.Driving back home i floored it again to re-create the situation but it was fine.Now i know that the problem may come back again maybe not tomorrow but i think that if it did come once it'll come again,right?I know it's not my cable speedometer because it reads the speed that i'm traveling at.And i opened the hood and it was fine,it wasn't snaped.My question is: Do you think i should take the car to a local Opel garage for examination?i know that you guys avoid going to Vauxhall because they charge you a lot but i think that they should do a thorow job and locate the problem cause they have the proper equipment for fault code reading.I would do it my self but don't know anything about engines.i Also red this http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=101080
but it's way out of my league.
It's a '96 1.4 16v opel corsa it it's any help.
Cheers.

[Edited on 14-01-2004 by Lazarus1]

[Edited on 14-01-2004 by Lazarus1]
Rocky

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think dude if u got like a induction kit like a BFO Cone or something that is causing it i found out this by another mate that had problem u want a filter kit u want mate ur light wont come on then its a commen prob with corsa i hav heard!! hope this helps

New Poll