corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » AMPS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AMPS
crimemastergogo

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,
I currently have a JBL 4 ch amp that is powering 4 speakers. Its a fairly old amp (JBL Decade series) and i know the power rating isnt huge something like 150w max i think . Anyway i was just wondering if gettin a more recent, more powerful 4ch amp would make much difference.
Thanks in advance.
drunkenfool

3rd Feb 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would definately make a difference. What speakers are you running though, cos if the max RMS output of the amp is more than the speakers, you will damage them. Also, you may need to upgrade power and ground cables, depending on what you have now.
crimemastergogo

3rd Feb 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for the advice. The power cables will be ok becaus ei used to run two amps through a block distributer and i have all of that still installed.
the speakers are infinity components and infinity 6x9s bout have 150w rms and i am looking at a 4ch kenwood amp at i think 90w/ch
crimemastergogo

3rd Feb 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both* sorry lol i hate this keyboard
drunkenfool

4th Feb 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well so long as the amp doesnt exceed the speakers (unless the gain is turned down) and you dont go for something like SPLX then i would say go for it!

New Poll