corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C Turbo. The Truth.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Turbo. The Truth.
bubble

User status: Offline
15th Feb 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i have been reading all the comments regarding the Corsa c Turbo/GSI and people sayin it isn't it is etc. So i thought id put a few comments forward regarding this issue. I work for vauxhall and on our lates EPC parts catalogue, we have items listed for 2004 model year corsa 'GSI'. Now it has big bumper parts and indeed the recaro's, HOWEVER, under engine there is no description of any turbo engine. it says only 1.6, and 1.8. But we have been told to expect a 1.6 in standard guise, ie, all show no go, but the 1.8 is supposed to be tuned to about 160bhp.
Our general sales manager has been told that a turbo version is v.v.v.v unlikely because the production costs would be too high, and demand low. Also they are scrapping the current C in 2006 anyway cuz of fierce competition from Ford and soon Volkswagen. Vx made 3 2.0t and concepted these in a Corsa C, but had severe running problems, because the engine wouldnt marry the electrics, the can bus system that the C runs was too complex for the X20XEV engine with a hybrid turbo. Now it wasnt a standard 2.0t engine, it was a X20XEV with a hybrid turbo. Again to produce massive costs.
So it looks like again Vauxhall are going to disappoint by not having a proper GSI. BUT i will say this, three years ago, Vauxhall said they would never put a 2.0t engine in a Zafira. Now they run Zafira GSI's

WATCH THIS SPACE
kerzo

15th Feb 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what space?
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like a rhetorical statement really
kerzo

15th Feb 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was only pulling your leg mate!
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ditto!!!!!!!!!
CorsaLad16v

15th Feb 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do we have a release date yet?

and i used to actually watch something that said "watch this space" when i was younger i used to sit there for ages just watching n then being sad when nothing happened lol
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well sales releases say end of 3rd marketing campaign which is end of autumn.
Jambo

15th Feb 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that mean the new tigra is now not going to be a turbo? Cos whatcar said top of the range will be a blower
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no sorry tigra only having 1.4 and 1.8 but thats only for a year. we dont get told about changes to models until the chassis year build changes.
jr

15th Feb 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 turbo tigra is 6 months after release
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it aint we aint even got no info on the 1.6 turbo engine uz it hasnt been produced
Greg_M

15th Feb 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaux claim to be putting the gsi out at 160bhp lin summer but still no show and no release.

they have tested the 1.6 turbo versions

but its always the same, they wount produce because they always aim to sell millions of the same models.\unlike other brands that will produce higher spec for smaller markets (golf r32 ect).

but then again as bubble said they did claim to no go above 1.8 in the zafira and there is the 189bhp 20let GSI version!

truth is dont really think they know what they are doing, seeing as every car due for facelift is styled the same, and the new corsa is claimed to have the same chassis as the punto!

[Edited on 15-02-2004 by Greg12v]
vibrio
Banned

15th Feb 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh well so the FIAT punto mk3 will just be getting the 1.6 turbo then
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it is a punto chassis, but thats it thank god!!!! i dont think they will run a 1.6t cuz its tto much money. put it this way. for 14-15k would you buy a corsa 1.6t or a astra2.0t
Greg_M

15th Feb 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day ncap test sell more cars than performance so they claim!
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh didnt understand that?
Greg_M

15th Feb 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told by manager of a vox garage that they wouldnt produce something along the lines of a 2.0 because of the NCAp crash test, low crumple zones or something, didnt really take much notice.

but then again he claimed that a 2.0 went in the B so would be piece of piss in the C!
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dropping a engine in is a piece of piss. its the wiring thats the problem. the corsa c, new vectra and new astra use summat called can bus. basically instead of using 50 wires in a loom , they use five. a bus controller sends pulses down the wires instead of 12v. so this cuts out loads of wires, basically one wire can carry 10commands at once, instead of separate wire for each thing. clever really but a pain in the arse when using old systems etc.
Andy

15th Feb 04 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabubble
Right i have been reading all the comments regarding the Corsa c Turbo/GSI and people sayin it isn't it is etc. So i thought id put a few comments forward regarding this issue. I work for vauxhall and on our lates EPC parts catalogue, we have items listed for 2004 model year corsa 'GSI'. Now it has big bumper parts and indeed the recaro's, HOWEVER, under engine there is no description of any turbo engine. it says only 1.6, and 1.8. But we have been told to expect a 1.6 in standard guise, ie, all show no go, but the 1.8 is supposed to be tuned to about 160bhp.
Our general sales manager has been told that a turbo version is v.v.v.v unlikely because the production costs would be too high, and demand low. Also they are scrapping the current C in 2006 anyway cuz of fierce competition from Ford and soon Volkswagen. Vx made 3 2.0t and concepted these in a Corsa C, but had severe running problems, because the engine wouldnt marry the electrics, the can bus system that the C runs was too complex for the X20XEV engine with a hybrid turbo. Now it wasnt a standard 2.0t engine, it was a X20XEV with a hybrid turbo. Again to produce massive costs.
So it looks like again Vauxhall are going to disappoint by not having a proper GSI. BUT i will say this, three years ago, Vauxhall said they would never put a 2.0t engine in a Zafira. Now they run Zafira GSI's

WATCH THIS SPACE

Translated this really means that you have no more idea when it will appear of what it will be than the rest of us

[Edited on 15-02-2004 by Andy]
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little yeah, but its definite there badgin a corsa c gsi, but no turbo at least not for the next year
Greg_M

15th Feb 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabubble
dropping a engine in is a piece of piss. its the wiring thats the problem. the corsa c, new vectra and new astra use summat called can bus. basically instead of using 50 wires in a loom , they use five. a bus controller sends pulses down the wires instead of 12v. so this cuts out loads of wires, basically one wire can carry 10commands at once, instead of separate wire for each thing. clever really but a pain in the arse when using old systems etc.

yeah i know not really the point i was getting at mate
bubble

15th Feb 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C Turbo. The Truth. 23 database queries in 0.0111041 seconds