corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are any of you amateur sprayers ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are any of you amateur sprayers ?
chris_lee100

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of spending a few bob and turning my garage into a little paintshop. Ive had a go at spraying before and to be honest I wasnt very good at it, however as a firm believer in practice makes perfect Im thinking of buying a compressor and gun to get me started, and perhaps getting some parts from a scrappy to have a go on with a longer term view to doin work on my own car.....

I believe painting, like any trade, is a bit of an art form and was just wonderering if anyone had ever thought of getting into it themselves or had actually bit the bullet and bought all the bits and learned from it ?? So, like bedroom DJs, are any of you shed sprayers

If so how much did you spend and how did you get on ??
vibrio
Banned

23rd Feb 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sprayed a few faces in my time

[Edited on 23-02-2004 by vibrio]
Joff

23rd Feb 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Define "a few".
chris_lee100

23rd Feb 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dead helpful that
Ali Mc

23rd Feb 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my job
Munchie

23rd Feb 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red_sxi
FlamingCorsa

23rd Feb 04 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i got compressor and gun, pretty good ones i think! have sprayed all my cars part from one so far but with east paints, cellulose, really safe 2 use anywhere but not a very good finish!

gonna try and mess with 2 pac paint which are much betta qualitly but gotta have special mask cos it has dangerious stuff in it! not sure how thats gonna go - hehe! prob should b left 2 a bodyshop but i dont wanna pay bodyshop prices - lol

hope some of that helps!
chris_lee100

24th Feb 04 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see, so the bodyshops use 2 pac paint ? Im gonna have a look in your garage now see if any of that is your work. How much did your comp and gun cost ??
-Aliba-

24th Feb 04 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, i bought an air compressor and a couple of guns of ebay for something like 140 bucks or so. Good guns and decent compressor at that!!!
Got all this stuff included in the £140.

I'm also in the process of clearing my garage out...... have been at it for about 4 days now

Will also need to buy an air fed mask (appr £150), and maybe another small compressor for the mask.

And i suppose i'll need to invest in some sort of heating device.... and also air extraction unit aswell.
FlamingCorsa

24th Feb 04 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my compressor is simliar 2 tht but its a belt driven one dont think that is ment 2 b more reliable, dad uses it for the farm tho! paid £250 for compressor, bout 50for the gun!

yea 2 pac is the way forward, pics in me garage of when i did my car! iaz
chris_lee100

24th Feb 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads, havnt made me mind up yet, i may leave it too the experts, have u tried it out yet - Aliba- ?
-Aliba-

24th Feb 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nup chris, still in the process of scrubbing my garage

My bucketman comes tomorrow

He will go fuckn loopy

I have about 8 big plastic sacks (about 5 times the size of a normal black sack) sitting next to thge bucket!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are any of you amateur sprayers ? 23 database queries in 0.0125790 seconds