corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who designs vauxhalls/opels?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who designs vauxhalls/opels?
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
25th Feb 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who designs vauxhalls/opels? and where are they built? i was under the impression they were designed in germany yet vaux built in uk and opels built in germany. is this right ?somebody correct me?
i know they build at ellesmere port cos i nearly worked there!
stubbsy

25th Feb 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the corsa b was made in portugal, is this right???
Icy

25th Feb 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

novas were made in spain
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Opel, originally and more correctly known as Adam Opel AG is an automobile maker in Germany, now part of General Motors. As Opel started to build cars, it also made household goods. It opened for business on January 21, 1899.

Many cars sold by General Motors worldwide are Opel designs, including such models as the Corsa, Astra, Vectra and Omega. Opel models are also sold under other GM brand names, such as Vauxhall in the UK, Holden in Australasia, and Chevrolet in Latin America. Its Zafira people carrier is even sold in Japan badged as a Subaru, while the Omega was briefly sold in the US as the Cadillac Catera. The first cars produced by Daewoo in South Korea were based on the Opel Kadett (now Astra) and larger Rekord (now Omega).

Opel is the main GM brand name in Europe except in the UK, where GM's other European subsidiary, Vauxhall Motors, still uses its own brand name. Vauxhall's models were completely different designs from those of Opel, until the 1970s. The Opel name largely disappeared from the UK in 1981 after Vauxhall and Opel dealerships were merged, with only the Manta being sold as an Opel, until it was discontinued in 1988. Vauxhall began adopting Opel's names for its models, with the exception of 'Kadett' which was replaced by Astra, already used by Vauxhall in 1991. However, even in other right hand drive markets in Europe like the Republic of Ireland the main GM brand name is now Opel, although many Vauxhalls, imported second hand from the UK, are still seen on Irish roads. For many years, Opel Ireland sponsored the country's soccer team, using the slogan 'Ireland's Number One Supporter'.

Some have suggested that the Vauxhall name should be dropped in the UK in favour of Opel, thereby harmonising GM's marketing strategy across Europe. However, Vauxhall has rejected this, on the grounds that its brand is well known, and fleet buyers, who are its main customer base, insisted that Opel models be rebadged as Vauxhalls.

The company headquarters are located in Rüsselsheim, and it has plants in Bochum and Eisenach as well as in Belgium and Poland.

DangerousDave16v

25th Feb 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So that means our corsa b's are german yeah?
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno but just found this on a site

The current Corsa, which is sold in about 80 countries, is one of the most successful models in Opel's history. It is manufactured in 11 plants on five continents, in nine body styles.
Kerry

25th Feb 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/environment/plants/plant_list/index.html
neophyterulez

1st Mar 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I know is that I see a lot of astras coming from Bochum (germany)
with mixed vaux and opels.
Means that cars are (opel vaux) build in the same factory.

Vaux/opel corsa was build in spain near portugal.

I think the speedster/VX220 is biuld by Lotus in the uk

Face it vaux/opel => the same decency and quality
PainZ

1st Mar 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C's are built in Spain

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who designs vauxhalls/opels? 23 database queries in 0.0086498 seconds