corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice Wanted.. insurance Qs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice Wanted.. insurance Qs
Thoday

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sadly its been confirmed my car is a total loss..engineer sent report to HIC (HIGHWAY)

but they are raising a question over modifcations.. i dnt no what yet.. waitng 4 insurance to confirm when they view the engineers report

i have declared everything and even have it in writing

"bodykits..exhaust systems..alloy wheels, rear roof spoiler..suspension changes and air filter"

that covers everything i was told when i took out policy .. and car has returned to HIC with all these mods stil on.. so when they pay out i lose it all anyway..cos i wont see the car ever again...unless i tried to buy it back..

wot beats me is its the third partys insurance who im claiming off and not mine... so y r my company being arsey with it all...

thought HIC were ment to help the modifed car driverss
BeArDy

17th Mar 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u crashed a take it

u should be allowed to go and take what u want off the car as its still classed as yours and if there going to right it off.

just say u need to get some stuff off the car like CD's and that
Thoday

17th Mar 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh sum1 crashed in2 me over 2 weeks ago.. she pulled out a junction without stopping or owt.. and its all her fault hence im claiming off her insurance

just dnt understand y my insurance are bein arsey

dnt get about the mods.. alot got nicked ne way.. only exhaust and wheels are worth it maybe

who cud i contact if they try and pull a fast one...

surely it wud b her insurance who mite complain not mine seein as mine arent paying out
deanmcreynolds26

17th Mar 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what has been nicked off it?
Thoday

17th Mar 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
what has been nicked off it?

spoiler.. skirts.. bonnet vent.. few ickle things

why
waynep

17th Mar 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheakycharlie

spoiler.. skirts.. bonnet vent.. few ickle things

why

mother fuckin pikeys
nickyboy01

17th Mar 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the insurance company decide to write it off then it becomes the property of the insurance company, They might let you go and take stuff off it but they are not under any obligation to do so.
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur insurance have to pay u 1st mate before they claim money back of hers, n they will look for ne excuse not to have to pay u
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 04 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be under misconception that you should loose out. If this accident is not your fault, you should have a claim to the value of absolute replacement of the car you were driving 10 minutes before you crashed.

The theft of parts from it is a different matter, your claim should be with your own insurer for parts removed, who will then probably chase up the recovery company or other parties insurer for their blame in not removing the car to safe custody.

If everything is declared, your car is fully insured and the other party has admitted liability then you need to fight this all the way.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 04 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
ur insurance have to pay u 1st mate before they claim money back of hers, n they will look for ne excuse not to have to pay u
Not true, the claim can lay direct with a third party insurer, for the full amount mods and all.
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if u have ur own insurance u go to them not the other persons because ur own company deal with the claim and then claim back of other insurers
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it is true

[Edited on 18-03-2004 by daveyboyuk]
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Don't be under misconception that you should loose out. If this accident is not your fault, you should have a claim to the value of absolute replacement of the car you were driving 10 minutes before you crashed.

The theft of parts from it is a different matter, your claim should be with your own insurer for parts removed, who will then probably chase up the recovery company or other parties insurer for their blame in not removing the car to safe custody.

If everything is declared, your car is fully insured and the other party has admitted liability then you need to fight this all the way.

thank u ian

yes all declared.. its in writing.. with a £1000 declared value.. and was told like 4 like returns and that no paperwork was needed as its on certicate of insurance..

have a photo proving wot car looked like b4 accident.. nope wasnt my fault and all liability has been accepted

only got offered £2200 for car minus my excess.. which im claimin back as uninsured losses

letter of complaint already sent to my insurance company concernin theft and them no movin my car 4 times of askin
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 04 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
but if u have ur own insurance u go to them not the other persons because ur own company deal with the claim and then claim back of other insurers
You don't have to - I claimed direct for damaged to one of my old cars, didn't pay an excess and didn't wait around it to be settled. My insurer was informed in one quick call and NCB was unaffected. Its all a question of liability and how you persue the claim. It doesn't work in all cases but its worth looking in to this way of doing it.

[Edited on 18-03-2004 by Ian]
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think its a matter of the circumstances of the individual claim
Thoday

18th Mar 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have spoke to HIC the broker area.. and they are lookin into have to provide evidence that car is worth what i think it is..

all i have really is receipts for exhaust and alloys.. most of it is 2nd hand just resprayed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice Wanted.. insurance Qs 23 database queries in 0.0109260 seconds