corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is it true???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it true???
Corsa_4eva
Banned

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it true that if your car has been dropped then there are no 17s that will fit without scraping your arches even if its a 45-50 offset??

ive been to various alloy shops and they've all told me that if i put 17s on my corsa which has a carzone bodykit and been dropped 40mm that it will scrape my back arches even if i got the perfect offset.

is this true or are they just tryin to make me spend more money by sayin that my arches would need to be done???

any ideas?
R Lee

17th Mar 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b or c?
Joff

17th Mar 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're covering their backs in case you fit the wheels to find they catch the arch.

You've got wheels that are three inches larger than standard alloys, the ride height has been reduced by an approx 40mm and you're fitting a bodykit that will probably sit lower to the ground anyway.

I'd be shocked at any company saying you'd have no problems whatsoever.

Get the wheels on the basis you might have to modify the bodywork.
Corsa_4eva
Banned

17th Mar 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a corsa B

at the moment ive got 15s on it and ive got the carzone bodykit on it and i waan get some BK 239s or 100+ phantoms in a 45 offset or higher as long as they dont touch my arches
penfold82

17th Mar 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i have my crappy corsa breeze dropped 50 on 17's and i've almost eliminated scrubbage.

Got one more problem corner but i think i might be able to sort it. had my mate big andy in the back and only one corner scrubbed which is a good sign.

I'm not expecting to be able to drive round with a car full of bouncers, buts its a worth while sacrifice.

At the end of the day if you do enough butchering you'll get them to fit, so how much use u want out of your car depends on how low u wanna go. Bump stops will help ur tyres stop before they end up around your ears on those big pumps but make a shit ride quality.

Also a rear disk conversation usually brings ur wheels in a wee bit more away from the arches which is handy. i'm hoping to do this soon too.

If u decide to butcher ur arches u2u me if u want some pointers, i've been at it for months now............... the arches i mean

New Poll