corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » formatting a pc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author formatting a pc
langey

User status: Offline
8th Apr 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has windows xp, and its fucked, nothing works and cant go on the net for longer than 2mins without it shutting down coz of an error, i've been told to download some stuff but it wont let me.

so am i better just formatting the whole thing and starting fresh with it??

and how is it done?

or is there another way.

btw this aint my computer its me helping a mate.

cheers
Shane

8th Apr 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like that virus that was going around ages ago, cant u put the xp disc in and run it of that straight away
Demo

8th Apr 04 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the blaster virus mate

he will have to boot it up and edit the registry before it tells him its shutting down. will be fine after hes done this once. have a check on the net for a guide to doing it, there will be plenty floating about

and by the way, re-formatting it wont cure the problem as it will do it once its had a fresh install of windows cos it works on something like the IP address of the pc

[Edited on 08-04-2004 by Demo]
langey

8th Apr 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no coz xp is already installed but i need to uninstall it then re do it, and when i tryed installing over i, it fucked up and everytime it rurns on, it has to choose which system it starts up evan tho they are boith the same.
Shane

8th Apr 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or download the xp patch for it on another comp put it on dosk and put it on his pc thats how i had to do it when i got it
Demo

8th Apr 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
its the blaster virus mate

he will have to boot it up and edit the registry before it tells him its shutting down. will be fine after hes done this once. have a check on the net for a guide to doing it, there will be plenty floating about

and by the way, re-formatting it wont cure the problem as it will do it once its had a fresh install of windows cos it works on something like the IP address of the pc

[Edited on 08-04-2004 by Demo]

does nobody pay attention to my posts
langey

8th Apr 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate i posted straight after it, lol. so i'm looking for a guide on the net about how to cure the blaster virus
Shane

8th Apr 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Demo

8th Apr 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
sorry mate i posted straight after it, lol. so i'm looking for a guide on the net about how to cure the blaster virus

no probs man. like i said, this will cure it. but you gotta do it before the shut down message pops up so dont fuck about like
Shane

8th Apr 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its a pisstake, took me atleast four hours to instal the patch
langey

8th Apr 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have just installed a patch. thats all sorted now,

another thing is, on his computer i cant get the speakers to work, i go to contorl panela dn the speaker bit, but can select anything at all, so i dunno how to get the speakers working, anyone any ideas?
langey

8th Apr 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also when every i try clicking on user accounts it doesnt do anything, or a error comes up saying about a win32 aplication or sumthin.
Shane

8th Apr 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
well i have just installed a patch. thats all sorted now,

another thing is, on his computer i cant get the speakers to work, i go to contorl panela dn the speaker bit, but can select anything at all, so i dunno how to get the speakers working, anyone any ideas?

that happens on the pc in my house the speakers on work if ur not on the net, ive asked so many ppl and they dont know, i think the allround best thing to do is reformat just wipe it all
langey

8th Apr 04 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like i dont have the authority to do it, (not an admin of the system) but i'm using the admins account

the speakers dnt work at all. maybe i aint using the admin account he is just thinking i am

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » formatting a pc 23 database queries in 0.0085101 seconds