corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can my boss do this?...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can my boss do this?...
stubs

User status: Offline
   17th Apr 04 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We all recently recieved the following email at work...

"Chaps,

This is the email Graham sent to myself and Pete at the time of previously experienced problems we have had with staff and their email accounts.

I must point out ...none of your accounts have been looked at since this mail was sent. Nobody has asked me to do this, I do not believe or have any knowledge of anybody abusing their email usage. However, a review is due as it has been nearly a year since Graham sent the mail below.

I will be looking at all your accounts from Monday 26th April onwards. That gives everybody a chance to delete any emails that are non-work related. I do not want to take anything further ...so if any of you have mails that should not be there ....please get rid.

There will not be a follow up mail from this unless there is a problem.

I don't envisage any.

Regards,"

Can this be done, or are my emails protected by some sort of privacy act etc?

Need answers QUICK!
Skinner

17th Apr 04 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes right if its a works pc
cause the pc is supose 2 b for work use only so u shouldnt have any personel stuff on it
hope that helps
LukeGSi

17th Apr 04 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh he can do that skinner is spot on
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Apr 04 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few laws related to this. On one hand he is allowed to do it and on the other he is legally obligated to do so under certain conditions include freedom of information and certain terrorism things.

Plus of course, its a cost that the business is incurring, they have the right to ask that it's used correctly. I assume he's found a mail that wasn't exactly work related?
Kerry

17th Apr 04 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate got sacked for that and she tried to take action and didnt get very far
stubs

17th Apr 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
There are a few laws related to this. On one hand he is allowed to do it and on the other he is legally obligated to do so under certain conditions include freedom of information and certain terrorism things.

Plus of course, its a cost that the business is incurring, they have the right to ask that it's used correctly. I assume he's found a mail that wasn't exactly work related?

It all stems back to last year when a member of staff was caught accessing other peoples email accounts & fowarding emails to his own account to incriminate them (they were emails slagging certain people off.. including some from my manager etc)... not realising that he shouldn't have been on their accounts to begin with!... When they checked his account, they uncovered all sorts of shite!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can my boss do this?... 23 database queries in 0.0220320 seconds