corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » vectra sri dti help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vectra sri dti help?
corsa_godfather

User status: Offline
25th Apr 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro has an 02 plate vectra sri 2.2 dti.was driving up motorway when EM light came on and just lost power.could still drive but had no power!!!!!

now wen u start car let the revs go up they go up fine till EM light comes on and then revs just slump.anyone have any idea whats wrong with it????got to be a sensor.wouldnt be turbo or it would have no power from wen u start it
wst

User status: Offline
27th Apr 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The EM light when it is on and you loose all power to the engine means it is running on its packup program a 'get you home program'. Doesnt matter what rpm you do on this the car has no pulling power or great speed, as it thinks or is a problem with the engine and so it is saving its self from damage.
Best to go to vauxhall and put it on tech 2 as this will tell you which sensor has failed or failing.
On my vectra b sri i had my crank sensor fail but only now and again, and once changed all went back to normal.
Now have vectra c and learning all the new bugs with this one.

New Poll