corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Windows 98 and Freeserve Anytime (Help Me PLease!!!!!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows 98 and Freeserve Anytime (Help Me PLease!!!!!)
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th May 04 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sitting at my brothers reformatting his computer, im finished bar getting all the settings right for his dial up to freeserve anytime even though i know it is now Wannadoo. I am stuck with the TCP/IP settings ie the ip numbers bit or does anyone knmow all the details i need to do with Windows 98 as i personally am used to XP now
R Lee

5th May 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't you set it so it automatically looks for a numbers each time?
Munchie

5th May 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u mean broadband or dial up settings?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

5th May 04 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dial Up
Dan B

6th May 04 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless Wanadoo give out static IP addresses to dial-up customers (which I highly doubt they would), set Win98 up to have a "server assigned IP address" and "server assigned nameserver addresses" inside TCP/IP Settings.

In the normal dial-up properties, do the following on the corresponding tabs:

General: put the full phone number in the "telephone number" field, leaving the area-code blank, and then remove the tick from "use area code and dialling rules/properties".

Server Types: make sure the drop-down box starts with PPP, then remove ticks from ALL boxes except TCP/IP.

Scripting: shouldn't need a script-file unless Wanadoo specify you need to, make sure "start terminal screen minimized" is ticked.

Multilink: choose "do not use additional devices".

=====

If it's still not working, check the error code against the list on the following page, and follow any suggestions it makes:

http://www.modemhelp.net/dunerror/dunerrorcodes.shtml

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Windows 98 and Freeserve Anytime (Help Me PLease!!!!!) 23 database queries in 0.0073602 seconds