corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » claiming tax and pension back?.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author claiming tax and pension back?.......
M2RTY

User status: Offline
10th May 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my g/f is being charged 100 quid a month too much tax and has only just had it sorted this month, she has paid about 1800 quid too much over the past year and a half

she was on a generic code and has just managed to sort out her proper one. i guess she is entitled to the money back seeing as she had no reason to pay such a high figure on her wage

also she has been paying into a pension fund which she does not want as she will be better off with the money in her pocket untill after uni as she needs money for fees etc - can this be claimed back?

cheers
Greasemonkey

10th May 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say you should definately get the tax money back, but you wont get your pension, i tried to claim mine, its locked away untill i retire lol
Rainesie

10th May 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was she on an emergency tax code until she got all her tax details sorted? if so she'll see the excess tax back in a rebate at some point.
Colin

10th May 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

April's the time for claiming tax back isnt it, or it may just be corrected and she will get it payed back throughout the year?
BigSte

10th May 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give your local tax office a call mate.....they will clear up the overpayment of tax but prob won't be able to help with pension. By the way, the money you pay into a pension out of your monthly/weekly wages isn't taxable, so for example if your gf gets £1000 a month but she pays £50 into a pension she will only get taxed on the £950.

Tax office numbers are on here mate:
http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/local/taxnumerals.htm
M2RTY

10th May 04 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, yes she was on emergency tax code and now she has a proper one
Darren

10th May 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was on an emergency tax code when i first started here but my employer paid it all back to me after a few months...
Kerry

10th May 04 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh usually they pay it u back if they are good

tell her to ask her payroll department

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » claiming tax and pension back?....... 23 database queries in 0.0086329 seconds