corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Im' fitting an Amp...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Im' fitting an Amp...
Nick01329

User status: Offline
13th May 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...in the boot of my Corsa B, where is the best place to run the power cable to the boot from the engine bay ? via which grommits etc..

Cheers
suzi-sue

13th May 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

straight down passenger side under all plastic trim(t25 torx bit) to under the glove box where theres a huge grommet, put another hole in it and ure next to the battery under the header tank
LukeGSi

13th May 04 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye shes spot on, be sure to run power one side and audio the other to aviod distortion tho
suzi-sue

13th May 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and buy some cable ties, little metal beams/tubes under the dash plastic are almost designed for tying fat audio cables to
Nick01329

13th May 04 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good good, I have my passenger side trim up and out.

Is the gommit under the glove box easy to get to ? or do you have to remove any bits of dash ?
suzi-sue

13th May 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take shelf out underneath glove box and work front to back, startin in the engine bay with the grommet
LukeGSi

13th May 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is also a big grommet on the other side so if all else fails try there
Nick01329

13th May 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the one by the fuse box ?.

The reason I was looking for an alternative from that one is because I put the amp on the left hand side of the boot (because of my split seats) and the battery is in the left hand side of the engine bay. Save cable :-).
Mase
Premium Member

13th May 04 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the grommet just at the top of the glovebox and silicone'd it up again cos thats where the scuttle panel drains to. It comes out where the washer bottle is and just sits over the bulkhead and goes straight to the battery. Looks fairly tidy, but was the easiest location i could find. I hid the cable under the scuttle so that it didn't get wet.

Mase
AdiSRI

13th May 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shudnt need to cut the grommet, i just pushed my 4 gauge through aswell...

Its all sealed no leaks or anything.

New Poll