corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car accident :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car accident :(
LGMSXI

User status: Offline
28th May 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello,

some bum head has just reversed into me, he had given me his details so on but i dont actually no what to do and stuff..

any help..?

if i go through his insurance will it affect me in any way at all..? and what shoul i do to do this..? he said if i get it done privetly he will pay but im a bit iffey, would rarther go through insurance a think, but didnt know what to do or if it would affect my insurance or anything to do with me..?

anybody know..?

cheers...
Rebrabuk

28th May 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a written quote from a garage for the cost of repairs and then contact him and get him to pay for it. Also ask for extra from him due to the inconvenience it has caused you and the fact that your doing him a favour by saving his NCB by not going through his insurance company.

Meat-Pie-SRI

28th May 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bum head!
wst

28th May 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best to get quote first and then see what they say, depends on how much of your car is damaged and how much it is going to cost.

Personally it is a good way for him to pay damage costs because it does save on his no claims, but if he gets abit funny about it go and claim on the insurance....but be warned if the insurance company thinks that the repair cost is going to be alot they can write off your vehicle, even though there might be just body work to be done.
Kris TD

28th May 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and also remember if the bodyshop dont want too fix it they will cause more damage to the car so when they take the insurance photos it can write the car off, i know it happens as a family member has worked at several bodyshops.

New Poll