corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » make my stereo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author make my stereo
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
18th Jun 04 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok have a budget of £400! Max £450!

BUT this has to include headunit, components, sub/s, amp/s, Boxes, Wiring, Fascia Adapter (£25 ) and fitting!

i listen to rock, metal annd r'n'b after 2 10"s or one 12"!? possibly 2 12!s

would like a cd changer but the price wont accomodate but one with that capability would be good!

Can you guys help me out
Trucido

18th Jun 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol thats pushing it a bit...

a decent headunit your talkin about £200 probs, decent sub and amp gonna cost about £200
tiptoptim

18th Jun 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look in the back on max power / Revs, you will find a few audio companies where you may be able to do it for this price. Wont be fantastic though. Look at the companies where they sell last years stuff. Still good and loads cheaper!
My brother would his whole sound system setup for £550. This included all wiring, pioneer HU, Jbl comps, Jbl 6x9's. Also 10 alpine sub, with 300watt alpine amp and stealth shelf.
If you go for a headunit with 1 rca (sony or Kenwood), they do some for under £100 that will do the job and then go for some cheap comps (less then a £80). Pioneer, infinity do some. Then that leaves you with £270 to get a sub and amp and wiring kit. Good luck and hope it goes well.
N90ATH

18th Jun 04 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at one of the jvc deals that includes sony head unit, jvc 1000watt 12" sub, 6 channel amp and 6,9's
N90ATH

18th Jun 04 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not too sure who does it give me a sec
N90ATH

18th Jun 04 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look at www.alphacaraudio.co.uk they do alot of deals like that 1 they got a nice phoenix gold package which is 6x9's, amp, sub, box and wiring kit for 379.99
J4CKO

18th Jun 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
Ok have a budget of £400! Max £450!

BUT this has to include headunit, components, sub/s, amp/s, Boxes, Wiring, Fascia Adapter (£25 ) and fitting!

i listen to rock, metal annd r'n'b after 2 10"s or one 12"!? possibly 2 12!s

would like a cd changer but the price wont accomodate but one with that capability would be good!

Can you guys help me out

kz

18th Jun 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can easily be done! my mate had a loud, nice sounding system for £400. kenwood h/u, cheapest one around @ £80!

sony components and 6x9s @ £50 each, 2 10" subs (dunno make) @ £100, bought box off me lol @ £20 and an amp @ £100. sorted!
Trucido

18th Jun 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but lets be honest not the best of quality is it kz
Dom

19th Jun 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

400 quid is pushing it mate....but i would get the rockford 12" sub package that is on alot of websites, which goes for 200 quid Then butchers on ebay for a HU, around 130 quid And get a set of inifinity's comps, 80 quid and run them of the HU.

total 410 quid And will sound alright for the cash...but when you get more, just buy a decent 2 channel amp for the comps....and then upgrade the HU when you get more cash etc

edit: and dont be a chaz and run 6x9s with a sub sounds crap, unless you put them in there own boxes, so it would be a waste of money If you want sound in the back, get some coxials instead

[Edited on 19-06-2004 by VisibleMan]
ash_corsa

20th Jun 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont u do it gradualy mate? get a decent headunit around £200, some quality comps and 6x9s about £200 then get the sub and amp next month, that way you can have a decent system over a couple of months rather than just goin out and buying crap in a day. just an idea mate cuz thats what im doin with my car just doin a bit at a time as i can afford it cuz halfords dont pay a great amount!!
good luck
Dom

20th Jun 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh good point ^^ although loose the 6x9s and spend the cash on better comps...you wont need them. Infact, if you run 6x9s and a sub, then the only way to get decent sound outta the things is to box them and use a passive crossover on them cutting freqs in the sub range
andybell

20th Jun 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the following in a mk4 astra and it sounds quality.

Pioneer DEH p6500r (bout £180)
Pioneer TS-E???? 2 way 17cm front door speakers (£50)
Alpine sps 1006 tweetwers (£30)
rockford fosgate 10" HE sub (£110)
Dragster 480 watt amp (£ 45 off a mate).

it sounds really tight, and should sound better in a corsa. The amp is going to be dear. I was lucky getting that one cheap,but its worth getting a good one. If i get any ill give you a shout. You can adjust the sub off the amp to, so theres quite a lot of adjustability as well. And the rockford sub drops low but is still really punchy. give it a go!
andybell

20th Jun 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean you can adjust the sub off the headunit. sound like a right nob in that last post!
kz

26th Jun 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trucido
yea but lets be honest not the best of quality is it kz

not when turned up well loud, but just depends what chaz wants outta the system. can always upgrade some parts later when you have more money or whatever

New Poll