corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fluoxetine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fluoxetine
sassyminx

User status: Offline
18th Jun 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aka Prozac

how many of u have or are taking it???

just wondering how common it is being on anti depressants

Nismo

18th Jun 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sumtimes eat bluetac at work thinking it looks tasty but isnt.
rstrich

18th Jun 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what I can tell it's quite common, I was prescribed it a while ago, but as a moral I don't believe in anything like that (don't even take paracetamol when I'm hungover lol)

The best thing (IMO) for depression is to change yourself to make yourself happier... just my pov.
sassyminx

18th Jun 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rstrich
from what I can tell it's quite common, I was prescribed it a while ago, but as a moral I don't believe in anything like that (don't even take paracetamol when I'm hungover lol)

The best thing (IMO) for depression is to change yourself to make yourself happier... just my pov.

yea it aint that easy tho sometimes, i hate taking em and dont take anything at all,but wish i didnt need to take em, not took em for a while but things started gettin worse again so now im back on em for another 3mths
AndyW

read the instructions!
the doctor gave my mate some and one of the side affects was suicidle feelings
so here is my depressd mate and these so called anti-depressents give suicidle side affects :S

imho i would not rely on them instead find whats goin wrong why u feel so bad and take action against it
Colin

Sometimes take a couple blues to help me come back to earth when im swedged
AndyW

18th Jun 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rstrich

likewise mate i dnt take anything...unless i deff need it...i wont take tablets for headaches etc
S1MON

18th Jun 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
i sumtimes eat bluetac at work thinking it looks tasty but isnt.

sassyminx

18th Jun 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
read the instructions!
the doctor gave my mate some and one of the side affects was suicidle feelings
so here is my depressd mate and these so called anti-depressents give suicidle side affects :S

imho i would not rely on them instead find whats goin wrong why u feel so bad and take action against it

yea they got a load of side effects, worse one i experienced was feeling sick

the things that are making me depressed arent issues that can be resolved overnight unfortunately, and as for taking action against it i wish it was that easy
micra_pete
Premium Member

18th Jun 04 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmm blue tack

[Edited on 18-06-2004 by micra_pete]
sassyminx

18th Jun 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
mmmmm blue tack

pmsl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leni

18th Jun 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

empty the container and fill it with tit tacs, I think it is all in peoples minds and if they "think" their taking medicine then they will "think" they feeling better coz of them
leeshez

18th Jun 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don,t but i eat smarties
J da Silva

18th Jun 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but i do take mammoth 2500 protein suppliment and 100% whey protein drink, but not prozac
Nismo

18th Jun 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
mmmmm blue tack

see this is the face of sumone who thought it looked tasty!

oh how he was wrong
eightball

18th Jun 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prozac is not the be all and end all of antidepressants. it works really well for some people & not so well for others. the main problem is the sedatory effect it has, but as i say, if it works for you that's cool - don't write it off. in a lot of cases medication is extremely necessary and works really well - it won't be enough by itself though; imagine you are trying to get something from a shelf - the drug is a footstool to help you reach it, but it won't get it for you - you will have to change other things for this to happen - in 98% of cases the individual is well aware of what these things are. unfortunately a lot of gp's are pretty much useless when it comes to mental health - they'll prescribe whatever they always prescribe/drugs belonging to the most generous companies. in a lot of cases their presciption is wholly inappropriate, but if you have concearns, talk it over with them - at this stage in the game, there are always other options. my advice would be, examine the circumstances that have led you to where you are, instigate change, and give the meds a go for a couple of months - don't be expecting miracles, and it'll take them a few weeks to start working. good luck
sassyminx

18th Jun 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eightball
prozac is not the be all and end all of antidepressants. it works really well for some people & not so well for others. the main problem is the sedatory effect it has, but as i say, if it works for you that's cool - don't write it off. in a lot of cases medication is extremely necessary and works really well - it won't be enough by itself though; imagine you are trying to get something from a shelf - the drug is a footstool to help you reach it, but it won't get it for you - you will have to change other things for this to happen - in 98% of cases the individual is well aware of what these things are. unfortunately a lot of gp's are pretty much useless when it comes to mental health - they'll prescribe whatever they always prescribe/drugs belonging to the most generous companies. in a lot of cases their presciption is wholly inappropriate, but if you have concearns, talk it over with them - at this stage in the game, there are always other options. my advice would be, examine the circumstances that have led you to where you are, instigate change, and give the meds a go for a couple of months - don't be expecting miracles, and it'll take them a few weeks to start working. good luck

cheers for that mate, just a lot of things i need to get sorted in my life and my head, and then maybe if i resolve some of the " problems" i can get back on track and stop taking them

kinda seems as though my life is on a downhill road at the mo and it aint stopping anytime soon

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fluoxetine 23 database queries in 0.0113389 seconds