corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What are my rights?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What are my rights?
Dean_H

User status: Offline
27th Jun 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if this is the best place to ask, if not can someone point me into the right direction to ask this question. Anyway....

Passed my driving test Sept 2002, 2 days before 2002 xmas lost contol of my car in the wet on a nasty bend side on into a tree (right off)
Norwich union were fine and were great, had a courtusy car for 3 weeks then they payed out £3300 for the right off.
January 2003 bought new car and norwich union were sorted and not charging me anything on top for insuring this car.
March 2003 reversing up my girlfriends street (as its a dead end) to get out and this old bag pulls out (from a parked position) causing right/rear end damage to my car. Damage to my car was hardly nothing, popped out reflector and scuffed bumper.
Damage to her car was damaged right front door, right wing and mirror ripped off.
Got out of my car and asked for her insurance details, she gave them and then she said it was my fault, i told her it clearly wasnt, even by looking at the damage of both cars its obviously her fault by pulling out of a parked position while i was reversing.
Anyway this argument continuted for 10mins so i had enough and phoned the police, they agreed with me that it looked like it was her fault, by they said its nothing they can do and you will have to sort it out with both your insurance companies!

June 2004 - I have had no news from insurance company...
After the accident i sent off pictures of the street, a diagram of what happened etc sent off a witness statement from my girlfreinds mother (insurance said they might not look at this as i know the witness!!!!) I have phoned norwich union and they said We are waiting for the woman to reply to our letters cause she aint answering them back. The last thing norwich union said was that..... We have sorted your side out and we are 100% backing your case and belive you are not at fault and we are waiting for the other parties insurance to sort it out! We will phone you with any news....
But they never do i have to phone them every 2-3 months for any updates

Its been a year and 3 months now and i just want to get this sorted, as im 19 now and its bad enough with 1 accident on my name to get insurance but with 2 accidents they will rape me on insurance!

What can i do in this situation, what are my rights, what do you think will happen next?

My friend said it might be 50-50, what does this mean?

Thanks for reading!
Kris TD

27th Jun 04 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well someone drove into me 2 1/2 years ago and i still havent heard anything.
broster
Premium Member

27th Jun 04 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50-50 means that your company fix your car and hers fix hers, so ur both to blame
Dean_H

27th Jun 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So kris when you go for insurance, do you count that as an accident as it happended 2.5 years ago
Dean_H

27th Jun 04 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster, as it will only cost £100, £300max to fix my car could i say to my insurance company not to fix my car (saving me claiming)

asked my insurance company this and they said it doesnt work like that!
broster
Premium Member

27th Jun 04 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now you have notified them of the claim its too late mate, and they ahve started t deal with it so u cant pull out....ull end up paying to fix your car anyway with your excess! so if its 50:50 ull loose out, you can fight to claim ur excess back of the old lady if you believe her to be wrong, and if you claim your excess back in full then ull win the claim and ur insurnce company will consider her to be in the wrong
Kris TD

27th Jun 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh_SXi
So kris when you go for insurance, do you count that as an accident as it happended 2.5 years ago

yep, they all ask anything that happened in the last 3 years but some asked for 5 years.
no point in not telling them cos i didnt mention it too adrian flux and she told me they had it on there computer. so i said that she asked me if i had any claims, but i didnt claim cos i fixed it for less than my excess would have been and there was no guarentee i would have got it back.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 04 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could go on for years if she's disputing liability.
Dean_H

27th Jun 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is my insurance company is backing me 100% and they saying from the information ive given and where the damage is on both cars its obviously her fault.
My insurance company is saying the only thing thats holding it up is HER insurance, can my insurance company take her to court if she keeps disputing?
Bloody old bag, you all know the sort 70 years old, fit as a fiddle, allways right. never done nothing wrong.... GRR
J da Silva

27th Jun 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd tear her head after you've shot her three times in the chest, then feed her corpse to a tramp
broster
Premium Member

27th Jun 04 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
i'd tear her head after you've shot her three times in the chest, then feed her corpse to a tramp

good idea
Ben
Banned

27th Jun 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tell insurance companie not to pay her out , same happened to me and i am with norwich union but my crash was on a bigger scale , other driver denied it was his fault and tried blaming me , police i think were pointing finget at me because i am young and noewich union did not pay the other driver out as i took them to the scene , showed them my car ect and pics of his and they backed me up . but police are taking me to court now

[Edited on 27-06-2004 by Ian]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What are my rights? 23 database queries in 0.0111010 seconds