corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedo not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo not working
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
10th Jul 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My speedo has given up firstly it was jumping all oveer the placen then it just stopped I had a fiddle round in the engine bay but I dont have a clue what I am doing basically I got the cable and pushed it in tighter but I am sure it came out totally is it likely this could snap and thats why it aint working ? I know theres 2 wires think they are brown coming out of this silver metal part that screws in a little can anyone help me maybe I am best off goign to a garage but if anyone can help me suggest something I would rather save cash than line a garages pockets, sorry for the long thread thanks Paul...
mike_1.2LS96

10th Jul 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you didn't fit your valver

I would gues the cable has come loose somewhere. If its like the corsa gearbox, then the gearbox end will need screwining in so its tight.

What I do is twist the cable anti clockwise a few turns, then screw it down. Its hard getting the pin in the hole first time

Karnage Corsa

10th Jul 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never fitted it mate Paddycorsa fitted it made a great job had a few problems at first but just running in problems I suppose I love it now though its great, can u give me the basics of what to do mate please can I do it from above or do I need to get under the car ? Regards Paul...
mike_1.2LS96

10th Jul 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be all on the top. You can remove the battery and battery tray for better access. I'm going offline for tonight, if you need any help leave a u2u
Karnage Corsa

10th Jul 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks, dont think its anywhere near tghe battery though
mike_1.2LS96

10th Jul 04 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know corsafreak? He has a valver, so you might want to ask him? I have his number if you want it.
Karnage Corsa

10th Jul 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ok mate I have it

New Poll