corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » strenthining

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strenthining
aceman

User status: Offline
   12th Jul 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dose anyone know of what strenthining should be done to a corsa b when a 2.0,l has been fitted and would it be easyer to take engine back out olso what els should be striped out and i dont fancey buying the kit witch consisys of small plates for lots of money just point me in the direction and i'll do it my self cheers

[Edited on 12-07-2004 by aceman]
Greasemonkey

12th Jul 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya dont have to do anything, a corsa is built strong, ya can put a 300BHP turbo engine in a corsa with no welding, lucky us eh
aceman

12th Jul 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought but its started to crack the seam sealer round the passenger strut top
Greasemonkey

12th Jul 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that aint right dude, people have been running turbos even V6's in corsas for years without any trouble, sure yours aint had a dodgey repair some time cos it really SHOULDNT do this
aceman

12th Jul 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo not mate i have a feeling it might be the suspecion that started it all cause im sure i seen a small crack before the engine went in but its much worse now but my mate done the same conversion a while before me and had to take it back to be done but i dont know where and we are not that good friends just know
Greasemonkey

12th Jul 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have only ever seen strengthening plates for motorsport use so that sorts that, give a bodyshop a ring and take it to them to have a look at, they should be able to seam weld it up for ya, i wouldnt have thought they would ave to remove the engine, oh my tip of the day when mig welding remove ya ECU so there aint a chance it will get fried, lol
aceman

12th Jul 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers i think i'll just take out the engine and seam weld every where and i suppose i cant go wrong then mabey i'll just need to get a turbo aswell
Greasemonkey

12th Jul 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

while the engine is out i definately think ya should put a C20LET Turbo engine back in, it will be worth it good luck
aceman

12th Jul 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the c20xe is more than enough but a dump valve rase's the value 25% aswell as the grin on my face
BeArDy

12th Jul 04 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no need to seam weld a corsa at all, i know of 2lt 16v corsa that are 4-5 years old without any signs off stress and on running 220bhp+ for the part 3 years and shell is still find.
i dident do mine in the start with the V6 i just put her in, but with blowing the head gaskets and had to take the engine out, i was bored one night a decided to do it
its a matter of if u can weld and if u can be arsed.

if u can weld and you have a welder then ye why not do it, its not going to cost u anything. BUT if you have to pay somone then its really not worth it at all
aceman

12th Jul 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can do it and i have the knolage but not the energy even after a crate of red bull i could't be bothered but its defo braking round the strut top where it meets the iner wing and also at the landing pannel
deanmcreynolds26

12th Jul 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aceman
cheers i think i'll just take out the engine and seam weld every where and i suppose i cant go wrong then mabey i'll just need to get a turbo aswell

V6 time kev mate!
aceman

12th Jul 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just went out and had a look at it with my dad he said it looks like condinsation behinde the seam sealer has started corosion i'll dig out the seeler buff off the rust and repaint get a strut brace pronto and keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse i'll weld away

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » strenthining 24 database queries in 0.0150261 seconds