corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Woooo! I'm the Victim of Credit/Debit Card Fraud!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Woooo! I'm the Victim of Credit/Debit Card Fraud!
PaulW

User status: Offline
   14th Jul 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just lookin at my bank statement, and I know about this PayPal payment...

BOI PAYPAL EUROPE LONDON - £8.94

BUT a day later there was this which went out...

BOI SOE EUROPE LTD BADHOEVEDORP - £9.49

Anyone know or have any idea what this one is? There were no other paypal payments going out, so I haven't a clue why its there or where the fook its going! Tried ringing the bank, but there as helpful as a dead fly... (HSBC)

[Edited on 14-07-2004 by PaulW]
ajscorsa

14th Jul 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e-mail paypal maybe
PaulW

14th Jul 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try...

just tried searching for BADHOEVEDORP...

frikin german or dutch or something! WTF??
Makarus

14th Jul 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet is to get in touch with PayPal I would say, all your bank will be able to do is tell you the same info as you already have, only PyPal will be able to correct the problem, if it is indeed a problem, because they are the ones that have made the transaction.
PaulW

14th Jul 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paypal only took out £8.49 - nothing else! (just rang them)

PaulW

14th Jul 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

netherlands

was some indian women on the phone to the bank again - i need to find out wtf this is - have absolutely NO recolection of any payment going out or anything being bought from the netherlands! Also apparently the number was keyed in & the signature was verified - I don't even have a passport!!!

Back to the bank again!

PaulW

14th Jul 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok rang the bank again, and basically told them what I know so far...

Payent was made on the 27th of June this year.
Location was BADHOEVEDORP in Netherlands.
Card was Keyed in & Signature was verified...

So rang bank & told them...

1) I have no passport & have NEVER been to the Netherlands...
2) I have absolutely NO recollection or anything of me buying anything over the web OR by phone from there.

So they went away for a few mins... Came back, asked me what issue number my card was, so told them... (I've had a fair few 'issued cards')

They went away again... Came back...

The payment that was made on the 27th of last month was from Issue No. 1 (I lost this card & declared it as lost 3 years ago!!)

So why the FOOK did this transaction go through? They also told me a few 'other' transactions were attempted (totalling nearly £2000), but they never went through as the £9 they took first took me just over my overdraught limit so the other ones were denied (not enough cleared funds to go through)

Last attempt they made was today aswell for £280!!

They've put it in high-alert now & also notified whoever they have to over there to monitor the card & see when an attempt has been made so try & catch the thieving scum

So got a load of paperwork coming my way now from the bank to fill in cos of the fraud use & everything

Not impressed & Quite pissed of - mainly as the transaction went through on a card I declared lost/stolen with the bank 3 years ago!
Makarus

14th Jul 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely on the basis that you reported the car stolen/lost a while ago and the fact that they sent you a replacement should mean that they dont have to go through all this shit. They should just make sure the card is cancelled, the proper authorities informed and the money refunded.
Gaz

14th Jul 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just shows how ghey banks are fella u ask them to do something and u TRUST them and then something like this comes along id ask for abit of compensation as its THERE fault!!!!!!
Ally

14th Jul 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Palpal are shit, and they took money out of my account without my permission, ive called them, and emailed then but my account still remains the same!

What else can i do except keep contacting them, when they dont even bother to do anything about it
Ally

14th Jul 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Korsa-Kid
just shows how ghey banks are fella u ask them to do something and u TRUST them and then something like this comes along id ask for abit of compensation as its THERE fault!!!!!!

I asked paypal to refund me for the cost of my calls to them which have come to about £20 ... and they said no.... even thou the error was made on their part!!!!!!!!!
Adam-D

14th Jul 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there fault and you get the paper work

arse
PaulW

14th Jul 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I now know this has nothing to do with paypal!

The bank told me the card stays on record for 2 years apparently & then is taken off the files... not sure what they meant by this exactly tho!

I know, I trusted them to sort it out but they obviously didn't, so just a bit atm - wana smash something up but can't as im in work...
Makarus

14th Jul 04 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banks, PayPal, phone companies all shit.

Basically any company which you trust to deal with your money you are going to have a problem getting it back in the event of a mistake.

I went to a cash machine in a service station on the M1 once, tried to pull out £150, when it told me I would be charged £2.50 for the transaction I cancelled and got my card back (I am a skin flint and could have got the money out for free later). Later that day tried to draw the money out elsewhere and it wouldn't let me......to cut a long story short.........they took £152.50 off me when i had never recieved the cash and I had to spend 2 hours on the phone to them, write to them and fill in some stupid paperwork. Took 2 weeks where I had to go without £150 which is 75% of my wages for that week.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Woooo! I'm the Victim of Credit/Debit Card Fraud! 23 database queries in 0.0140359 seconds