corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cheques?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheques?
Happy_2008

User status: Offline
26th Jul 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i right to say that cheques takes 3 working days to clear??? I am looking forward to buying a car within the next week but i can get the fund ready until i have had the cheques cleared. Is there any other way in which i can speed up the process of this cheque clearance?
Darren

26th Jul 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its at the same branch it will clear there and then i think, i think they take 5 working days
Drysdale

26th Jul 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the type of account. Ussually 5 sometimes 6 working days.
CwmbranCorsaGirl

26th Jul 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It takes 4 Working days from the day you put it into your account..... I work for Lloyds TSB

[Edited on 26-07-2004 by CwmbranCorsaGirl]
TNM

26th Jul 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CwmbranCorsaGirl
It takes 4 Working days from the day you put it into your account..... I work for Lloyds TSB

you might work for them but you dont know the difference between bank and building society!

if i put a cheque into the abbey national it takes fucking days normally 7-10 days to clear!
CwmbranCorsaGirl

26th Jul 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Work for a bank.... not Building society.... if you put money into a building society its normally for savings.... not buying a new car so i was commenting on how long it takes for a cheque to clear in a normal BANK account and theres no way of gettin it to clear quicker as it has to go through the clearance cycle.... i hate cheques the banks way of making interest on other peoples money....

kz

26th Jul 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-4 days for HSBC!
Bling Bling Pimp

26th Jul 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put my cheque in 2day
mav

26th Jul 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chq's take 3 working days to clear in the Halifax...
Voyto

26th Jul 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 - 10 Days sounds right to me. At work when we refund money to customers, it goes via bank transfer not cheque but always takes 7-10days to appear on statements
Drew
Banned

26th Jul 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

what she said is also correct for natwest
ParaMite

26th Jul 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I Work for a bank.... not Building society.... if you put money into a building society its normally for savings.... not buying a new car so i was commenting on how long it takes for a cheque to clear in a normal BANK account and theres no way of gettin it to clear quicker as it has to go through the clearance cycle.... i hate cheques the banks way of making interest on other peoples money....

Not supprised you haven't heard of 'special presentation' then. No-one at Lloyds seem to even when they have a whole separate department for it.

Go to your bank, ask for your cheque to be specialed and for a fee it will be sent to the drawing bank thus missing out the clearing system and being reliant on the post, will clear the next day. Well, assuming they offer the service. They should do.

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Chq's take 3 working days to clear in the Halifax...

Yeah, Halifax seem to say that a lot. They still haven't cleared until the 4th working day because everyone uses the same clearing system that has been in place for years. I guess they just dont charge any debit interest for drawing agasint un-cleared on the last day?

Folks, all banks are the same. Just do a google for 'clearing cylce' and read about it. It will only usually take longer if you use a drop box or pay in via atm's where they won't get emptied till after branches shut or next morning.

Oh yeah, a chq drawn on the same branch will clear there and then. OnUs work and all that jazz
Al3X

26th Jul 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not supprised you haven't heard of 'special presentation' then. No-one at Lloyds seem to even when they have a whole separate department for it.

Go to your bank, ask for your cheque to be specialed and for a fee it will be sent to the drawing bank thus missing out the clearing system and being reliant on the post, will clear the next day. Well, assuming they offer the service. They should do.

No it doesnt, special clearance just tells you if the cheque is going to be paid or not, it doesn't actually clear any quicker. I work for HSBC
ParaMite

26th Jul 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, no, it won't 'clear' but you still can draw off it.
mav

26th Jul 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7-10 days is way out of order..

3 days..everybody join halifax/BOS.................
Je11ybubb1es

26th Jul 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

if you work for lloyds tsb you should know that all the personal cheques from our branches are on real time so as long as the funds are in the account and its a personal account it clears straight away
mav

26th Jul 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

busted...

halifax is 3 days not including day u put it in..

used to be 5 days for english chq's up here buty that has changed now to 3 as well........
Je11ybubb1es

26th Jul 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other cheques from other banks/building societies are 4 full working days, business cheques drawn on the same branch they are paid in at clear overnight. even bankers drafts cannot be cashed any quicker cos there is always the possibility they can be stopped reported stolen.

lloyds tsb have a special clearance system but this does not allow you to access funds any quicker all it does is gets an answer on whether the cheque will be paid or not (for instance if you selling a car but you think the cheque the buyers given you may bounce, you can send it special pay a tenner and find out if you will get the money at the end of the clearance.

the only other option really if you're over 18 is to see if abbey will load a temporary overdraft for the amount you want to draw out.

if under 18 bad luck mate wait til cleared is only option. or be nice to your parents, find that one works sometimes
Happy_2008

26th Jul 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That means i cant get my new car till 2 weeks time Brothers gonna give me a cheque on firday nite, cash it in on Saturday so it shud clear my account by thursday
Drew
Banned

26th Jul 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Je11ybubb1es
quote:

if you work for lloyds tsb you should know that all the personal cheques from our branches are on real time so as long as the funds are in the account and its a personal account it clears straight away

she didnt mention the cheque being from her own branch did she, and as you have said......

quote:
any other cheques from other banks/building societies are 4 full working days,

which is exactly what she said in the 1st place

so really you didnt acheive anything with your post
Paul_J

26th Jul 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm... I sent a cheque over a week ago and still haven't had my goods sent
CwmbranCorsaGirl

27th Jul 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
quote:

she didnt mention the cheque being from her own branch did she, and as you have said......

quote:
any other cheques from other banks/building societies are 4 full working days,

which is exactly what she said in the 1st place

so really you didnt acheive anything with your post

Thank you drew
Happy_2008

27th Jul 04 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So can cheques be made quicker to clear my account?
kinkycorsa

27th Jul 04 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get them cleared quicker by going to one of those cash the same day places but not in a bank.

Bank's usually say at least 3working days but if its a savings account 7 working days.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cheques? 23 database queries in 0.0153859 seconds