corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been living with the Corsa GSi 16v since thursday.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been living with the Corsa GSi 16v since thursday.....
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
17th Aug 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
thank u cyber, this is what I was very interested about... more torque than a 106gti

yeah i thought so, however, hiking the power up N/A stylee rewards big BHP increases, but pretty low torque increases.
Sooty
Banned

17th Aug 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but beware, some people on here will have you believe that is everything... and we should all be driving tdi's
Cybermonkey

17th Aug 04 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know, its the 2 combined that makes an awesome car.
Teddy

17th Aug 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Its not about BHP its about Torque anyhow

Yes, of course. So now perhaps you can explain why we're not all driving double decker buses

The BHP is the maximum power that an engine can deliver at any fixed point.

Ie. My Calibra Turbo was 251bhp @ 4798rpm

With me so far?

The torque is the "pull of the engine" the ability to turn that power into drive.
If you have an engine producing 250bhp with 40ft its going to go nowhere because its got no pull.

Where as if you have a 82bhp engine with 130ft then its making the most of what its got and putting it all into drive.

Hence why BHP figures are just a fancy whay of saying "look how fast my car is" where is actual fact if you talk to certain people they will glance at the BHP and pay more attention to the torque figure because this gives thenm an indication of what the car can do

and this is why diesels are now getting quicker and quicker.

Not Rocket science is it really
morrisdaboss

17th Aug 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Been living with the Corsa GSi 16v since thursday..... 23 database queries in 0.0110760 seconds