corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » living life day at a time?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author living life day at a time?
littlemisscorsa!

User status: Offline
   22nd Aug 04 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boys,
when you think about ur relationships with girls - long term relationships - do you plan and think bout your future with them or just 'see how it goes?' and only think bout the future a day at a time?
sassyminx

22nd Aug 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think girls look to the future whereas men dont, however, ste has proved this wrong by askin me if we can go away towards end of year

most of my male mates say they dont think any further than the end of the week
littlemisscorsa!

22nd Aug 04 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm. i've been with my bf for 4 years this november and i'd gladly get engaged and settle down with him but he just says 'we'll see how things go' and we'll take it a day at a time'. I feel sometimes he takes me for granted. Admittedly we are each others first in a lot of things but still......dunno what to do!
sassyminx

22nd Aug 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea maybe hes just not wantin to get too serious just yet, how old ru if u dont mind me askin?
littlemisscorsa!

22nd Aug 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're both only 20. he may not want to get too serious but we've been together 4 years
sassyminx

22nd Aug 04 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but yr still very young, dont want to sound nasty or anything but ur both far too young to settle down, i was with my ex from 15 to 21 and we were engaged etc, we grew up and grew apart, its a big thing getting engaged and married etc, and maybe he just wants to see wot happens before committing himself to u

id honestly say u should also take it a day at a time and not build yr whole life around him cos ud find that if u did split up ud have no life and take it very hard, i am sayin this from personal experience, and i know its very hard when u think ur gunna be with sum1 forever when they just aint thinkin the same
unfortunately for him i was the one who wasnt happy and didnt want to spend the rest of my life with him
uve both got the rest of yr lives to get engaged and married, just enjoy wot uve got now instead of wantin more from it, it might scare him off to think of gettin so serious at that age, id never get engaged again unless i knew i was gunna get married to him within a year or so of it theres just no point in havin stupidly long engagements, i was engaged at 17 and at end of the day, its a ring, it aint to say u cant split up, cos u can, its just added pressure imo

sorry if it sounds a bit harsh i just tell it like i see it now
Calum1577

22nd Aug 04 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a males point of view i would say that guys do tend to think one day at a time. My g.f and i recently decided to go on Holiday about 6 weeks in advance which is fairly long term for us. Also i totally agree that getting engaged at our age is a little young but if u feel happy with it then thats great for you and i wish you the best. But there was a males POV for yah. hope it helps.
littlemisscorsa!

22nd Aug 04 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Aug 04 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

day at a time at first, if theres something special going on then I dont see why I wouldnt plan out the future.

Lee 16v

22nd Aug 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
day at a time at first, if theres something special going on then I dont see why I wouldnt plan out the future.

same as
Adam-D

22nd Aug 04 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i kinda plan out stuff
Ally

22nd Aug 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a planner im afraid
MikeD

22nd Aug 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather plan
psycho sport

22nd Aug 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the individual, you cant generalise!
Jason

22nd Aug 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GET ER BUCKED
Je11ybubb1es

22nd Aug 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and my boyf have been together 3 years living together 1 yr, getting on ok. we got engaged before we lived together then thought WTF how can you know you want to spend the rest of your life together when you havent lived together. i'll just see how things go and i'll know when the time is really right. i know how u feel but i know how he feels too. x
stubs

22nd Aug 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't push him into owt... If he's unsure in any way, you'll push him further away!
Me & my g/f were together for 2/3 years, and we wanted to move in together, but she started rushin stuff & at first I went along with it, just thinkin I had cold feet..
Then, 1 week before signin for the house (on a joint mortgage) we had some really massive rows & it put me right off, but she tried to ignore it all & make out things were ok.. It made me really uncomfortable, and I pulled out at the last minute. She freaked out & we spit up (despite me suggesting renting instead) She wanted all or nothing.. That was back in Feb.. now we're considering getting back together.. Allthough everything happened, we still love each other & want to be together.. it was just the way she started rushin stuff & gettin so serious that scared me off.
I feel awfull for puttin her through it all, but she's since changed a lot & no longer has that type of attitude.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » living life day at a time? 23 database queries in 0.3918970 seconds