corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » interference

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author interference
boxmasher

User status: Offline
13th Sep 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, me again.
i have recently installed a couple of jvc headunits, one in a VW and the other in a Skoda. one was a cd headunit, the other a cassette with multichanger.
on both of them i cannot get a reception on the AM band, its not me that wants AM, honest, the people i have fitted them for us AM for football results etc.
All i get from AM is hissing a crackling, in the Skoda i put in a Halfords interference suppressor but it didnt work.
Anybody here have any idea how i can get AM to work to stop these people whinging at me!?
ta
Ben
Dom

13th Sep 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you get any signal what so ever?
have you tried a signal booster on the aerial as well as the suppressor? Also, did their last radio pick up any decent reception?
at worst, wack in another HU (different make etc) and see if that solves it...could be the HU that is wank

although double check all of your connections etc
boxmasher

13th Sep 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i get a signal booster?
they had am reception before, i have heard that jvc are poo anyway, the one i put in the skoda was a present for my dad so cant go whacking in another one, and the one in the vw was also a gift.
go to do another one in a fiesta sometime this week, could be interesting!
Dom

13th Sep 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfords should stock them mate or any decent ICE shop

Also, if you have to disconnect the remote lead on the HU eg: to make a display light up etc, like on the corsa's, then sometimes on the aerial there is a signal booster which is powered from that remote lead

I only found out a few months ago on my corsa that there is a signal booster fitted to the actual aerial, and when i reconnect the remote lead to the car radio wiring loom, i got better reception...just ment having to snip the wire going to the corsa's display etc

although i would still try another HU, because it could be that, that is wrong
Ric_Cav

15th Sep 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vdubs and skodas, same company now really

all german cars seem to need the above said booster strange really, we fit them anyway with any stereo fit down at technicar.

ric.

New Poll