corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dial up Internet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dial up Internet
Voyto

User status: Offline
4th Oct 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody know of a dial up service that offers a land line number to connect to? Not 0845
Reason: So that it comes off my monthly minute allowance on my mobile phone bill rather than charging me 10p a min

Dom

4th Oct 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your using ur mobile for internet if you have a GPRS fone mate, then you use your phone provider for the internet (i believe) so you just dial *09# (something like that).

Usually pay monthly ISPs will offer a different number to the usual 0845
James_DT

4th Oct 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use GPRS so it comes off your GPRS allowance if you can.
Nismo

4th Oct 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all ISP's will as the 0845 number is a mask/forwarder of a normal buisness line number , Easynet for example have a 0207 number but that is masked by a 0845 number.

call your ISP and ask for it , some say they havent got one as they dont like giving them out as you can pin piont where there racks and stuff are.
Dom

4th Oct 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
all ISP's will as the 0845 number is a mask/forwarder of a normal buisness line number , Easynet for example have a 0207 number but that is masked by a 0845 number.

call your ISP and ask for it , some say they havent got one as they dont like giving them out as you can pin piont where there racks and stuff are.

give uunet(worldcom) a call, as they have a non 0845 number for alot of there stuff. Or give pipex a buzz, they have a roaming thing that you can use

but using your GPRS will be alot better mate
Nismo

4th Oct 04 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also http://www.goremote.com
Voyto

4th Oct 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GPRS is chargable on my tarriff. I was just told by someone at work that all 0845 ISP's have a landline number that i should be able to get hold of, then when i call off my mobile it will just come off my free minutes rather than running up a big bill
Voyto

4th Oct 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried about 6 different IPS, they are all telling me there is no such number
Nismo

4th Oct 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are bullshiting you , like i said.
Dom

4th Oct 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone the big ISPs up like pipex, worldcom, nildram etc and see what they say However, you gonna be paying 15-30 quid a month for it mate. How much is your GPRS anyways?
Nismo

4th Oct 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easynet , they have a 0207 number , will cost you £11 per month for a dialup package , and the dialup number is 0207 900 1111

Voyto

4th Oct 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about all these pay as you go packages? ic24, onetel, tiscalli, etc all offer it. You just pay the cost of the call which is an 0845 local rate. All i wanna do is just that but use the landline number rather than the 0845 as thats not free on my mobile

[Edited on 04-10-2004 by VoYtO LeViCh]
Dom

7th Oct 04 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to bring this up, but found this site that might help mate - http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Simply do a search for an ISP and see if they have other numbers for their dial-up stuff Did pipex and it shows 0207 number

edit - UK2 also do a free dialup thing mate

[Edited on 07-10-2004 by VisibleMan]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dial up Internet 23 database queries in 0.0105770 seconds