corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » DVD Players with Hard Drive's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVD Players with Hard Drive's
Nismo

User status: Offline
21st Oct 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody have one of these , what are they like.

as this seems pretty tempting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3316&item=5725873658&rd=1

there a bit like SKY+
Scottydoo
Banned

21st Oct 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone with a 80gb xBOX - CHIPPED and they can save about 50 games/films and there whole CD collection onto it...........I thought about doing that
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Oct 04 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xbox chipped+bigger hard disk+xbox media center software you can download.

and you get a fucking brilliant media machine, like scooobydoo says, can even save games you rent/borrow!
Nismo

21st Oct 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with Xbox can you record live TV etc...
James_DT

21st Oct 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have the Panasonic DVD recorder with the hard drive, it's 'mazin! If you have Sky, you can set it up so that the digibox controls the recorder, it's just like having Sky+. Our one has an 80gb drive, lasts for ages, and much better than having to keep putting DVDs in everytime I wanna record.
Dom

21st Oct 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, those HD DVD players a mint as lad only downside is that some of them have there own tv guide system which can be a pain in the arse to setup, but once thats done, its pretty good

although, i would personally build myself a HTPC system with a ski digi card - not only does it allow you to watch sky on your tv, play dvds, record dvds, record tv, listen to music etc but you can use them to play your downloaded films, games etc and you can build a decent system for around 300-400 quid which will be silent (using VIA's small pc/mobo boards) and have more storage that any shop HD DVD system. Oh and wack a wireless network on it and you can watch any of the recordings on other pcs etc
Nismo

21st Oct 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, can i plug my USB HHD into them?

or how do i transfer my dl films to that.
Dom

21st Oct 04 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

if you talking about HD DVD players/recorders, then your stuffed in terms of transfering anything to them, due to copyright laws etc. Only one i have seen with a USB connection on it was for boradcasting studios and that was a few grand

if you ment the HTPC's, then yea, course you can...its a PC if you go for a mini system (HERE) then you have the usual usb/firewire ports on the back etc And to transfer films you can eitherwack the CD/DVD in the dvd drive and copy it to the HD (using HTPC software, or just using nero etc) or transfer it via a network - hardwired/wireless etc
Nismo

21st Oct 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm , yeah so im gonna have to burn me films to a disc then copy ion to the DVD player HD

fark at the moment i [plug the USB drive into me laptop them SVC out to the tv to watch them.
Dom

21st Oct 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
hmm , yeah so im gonna have to burn me films to a disc then copy ion to the DVD player HD

fark at the moment i [plug the USB drive into me laptop them SVC out to the tv to watch them.

thats why i said about a HTPC, its basically a small pc, but you run HTPC software on the front so its like using a sky box - have menus etc, but you can do a shite loads more.

but yea, only problem about HD DVD units is that you canne play any of your "bought" media, without having to waste cash on burning it to CD/DVD then copying it...you might as well just keep them on disc but then again, we're not suppose to be "buying" films that way
James_DT

21st Oct 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:

if you talking about HD DVD players/recorders, then your stuffed in terms of transfering anything to them, due to copyright laws etc. Only one i have seen with a USB connection on it was for boradcasting studios and that was a few grand

Ours doesn't have a USB port, but it'll record/copy normal DVDs, even copyrighted ones.

And if you're going to burn them to disk just to copy the disk onto the HDD, you might aswell just play them off the disk. They're great if you want live TV to be recorded tho, with the option of copying it onto DVD afterwards.
James_DT

21st Oct 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can also plug a TV/Audio out on a computer into the AUX IN on the DVD/HDD recorder.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » DVD Players with Hard Drive's 23 database queries in 0.0076549 seconds