corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 205/40/17

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 205/40/17
Beardo

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 04 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a set of 205/40/17 kosei sniper wheels on my corsa b which were originally bought for my clio which was wrote off. i did not realise then about different offsets and that so i put them straight on my corsa.
a lad at local garage has told me i cant lower it becos offset is to wide for arches > is this true?
i see loads of corsa in magazines with the same size wheels as mine. is it that they are different cos they were meant for the clio.

any help would be most appreciated as my car is sitting far too high at the mo. i want to lower it 40mm at the front and 45mm at the back without the wheels scraping the arches.
Icy

22nd Oct 04 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check what the offset is
take a wheel off and should be a # stamped somewhere prob like e40 or somethin
shud be et45
clios bout et35-40
Beardo

22nd Oct 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that.
if it is et40 which i think it is will i able to do some work on the arches?
they are nice wheels & i dont want to sell them cos of the money you lose.
in worst circumstances do you know of anywhere that trade in alloy wheels cos ideally i would like some 16" so i can drop it 60mm
MoNkEy MaGiC

22nd Oct 04 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

et40 i would say 30mm or 40mm! but it depends on each individual corsa! you may be lucky

vauxhall offset is et49! but et45 is ideal for 17x7inch rims as they are wider so need that littel extra clearance from the suspension, with 205/40/17 tyres to go low as 60mm with minimal or no scrubing/arch work
Icy

22nd Oct 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cud maybe get them machined

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 205/40/17 24 database queries in 0.1122510 seconds