corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MITSUBISHI FTO 2.0 V6 GPX

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MITSUBISHI FTO 2.0 V6 GPX
finch1

User status: Offline
6th Nov 04 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have a speed limit of 125 mph tho!!!!!!!!!!!
Nismo

6th Nov 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
they are not group 20 more like 16

actually the mivec is group 18, however when you add Japanese import its classed as slightly more.

as for not knowing its a v6 iv no idea at all how you came to that conclusion,,what part didnt you notice?? the unmistakable sound or the push from the engine from any revs

As for pug 306,,if thats in the real world then rather will most cars

the 0-60 is rather bad as all they do is spin,,40mph in 1st,80 in 2nd and 115 in 3rd will show you just how torquey they are for a n/a aspirated car,,,i can guarantee you you wont be dissapointed as for the cash they are shit hot ,,,tis almost identical to the specs of an integra except on track the teg has the edge due to its harsh suspension...

the fto is a rather unrated car due to people mistaking the gpx with the gr and gs models,,dont forget the fto was named the japanese car of the year in 1994-95. The FTO is the first sports car to win this award since Toyota's MR2 in 1984 ,,,bet thats something not many people with ''superior jap cars'' would admit 2

and 1 thing your specs dont tell u is the ''real'' according to gps top speed of 157mph,,,not what some chavs read on his speedo

the best thing for you to do mate is go check up on the gpx at http://www.ftooc.org ,,,,, least that way youl get to talk to people who know what there talking about,,see you there

I have been in a V6 one its shit slow , Id safley say and 306 GTi-6 will keep up with this car , they are bad , far suppior cars to be had for the money.
ljames555

7th Nov 04 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at what some of the ppl on that site are paying for insurance i think ill have to stick to 306 gti6, theres 21 yr old with 2 yrs no claims paying £1700 FC i fear id be the laughing stock in the insurance call centre

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by ljames555]
SportBoy

7th Nov 04 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a fto aint too much trouble for a xe,d corsa id of said a 306 gti6 and an fto would be fairly similar
jaffa

7th Nov 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard these fto's aren't bad
rustyarchs

7th Nov 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by finch1
they have a speed limit of 125 mph tho!!!!!!!!!!!

actually even the 1.8 16v gs has a top speed of 127,,,,i believe your geting mixed up with the jap import 112mph limiter!!!!!!!!
rustyarchs

7th Nov 04 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

actually the mivec is group 18, however when you add Japanese import its classed as slightly more.

as for not knowing its a v6 iv no idea at all how you came to that conclusion,,what part didnt you notice?? the unmistakable sound or the push from the engine from any revs

the 0-60 is rather bad as all they do is spin,,40mph in 1st,80 in 2nd and 115 in 3rd will show you just how torquey they are for a n/a aspirated car,,,i can guarantee you you wont be dissapointed as for the cash they are shit hot ,,,tis almost identical to the specs of an integra except on track the teg has the edge due to its harsh suspension...

the fto is a rather unrated car due to people mistaking the gpx with the gr and gs models,,dont forget the fto was named the japanese car of the year in 1994-95. The FTO is the first sports car to win this award since Toyota's MR2 in 1984 ,,,bet thats something not many people with ''superior jap cars'' would admit 2

and 1 thing your specs dont tell u is the ''real'' according to gps top speed of 157mph,,,not what some chavs read on his speedo

the best thing for you to do mate is go check up on the gpx at http://www.ftooc.org ,,,,, least that way youl get to talk to people who know what there talking about,,see you there

I have been in a V6 one its shit slow , Id safley say and 306 GTi-6 will keep up with this car , they are bad , far suppior cars to be had for the money.

sorry but you really must have been in a shiter ,,,i went and test drove 2 rx7s before i bought the fto,,biggest thing that put me off was how small inside they were,,now although the performace of both cars would destroy the fto,,id have 2 say that if u were doing 60and i came up behind you,,you wouldnt get away!!,,,0-60 youd destroy me,,quarter mile youd win but then again thats cos off your acceleration,, but be honest how many times on the road do standing starts actually happen??

just to make sure of this i thought id go check the specs off a rx7 mid 13s on the quarter mile vs the ftos mid 15s ehhh not to bad... but aint that good when you consider that a rx7 will reach 60mph 1 and a half secs before a fto,,,,so from your car to get from 60 to 102 and mine to get from 60 to 96 theres less than half a second in it.. not that much ehh on real road terms,,wouldnt you say itd all come down to the driver??

oh and i dont usually say this but since you said the gpx was slow.......least our engines can make it to 80 thousand miles without going bang

edited to ask what the top speed of a rx7 was?and what beter cars for the money there is? going by an all round package of looks/performance/handling and reliability........

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by rustyarchs]
rustyarchs

7th Nov 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaffa

na there shitters

how ya doing
rustyarchs

7th Nov 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ljames555
looking at what some of the ppl on that site are paying for insurance i think ill have to stick to 306 gti6, theres 21 yr old with 2 yrs no claims paying £1700 FC i fear id be the laughing stock in the insurance call centre

]

the are pretty bad mate,,im paying 1532 and im 24
jaffa

7th Nov 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaffa

na there shitters

how ya doing

not bad at all cheers
jaffa

7th Nov 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ljames555

]

the are pretty bad mate,,im paying 1532 and im 24

23 - 900 quid
rustyarchs

7th Nov 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportyBoy
a fto aint too much trouble for a xe,d corsa id of said a 306 gti6 and an fto would be fairly similar

pug is a second slower 0-60 and quarter mile but ftos top end destroys it,,so will the handleing and looks

anyway im bored now gonna go get sumfing to munch,,,

Nismo

7th Nov 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

sorry but you really must have been in a shiter ,,,i went and test drove 2 rx7s before i bought the fto,,biggest thing that put me off was how small inside they were,,now although the performace of both cars would destroy the fto,,id have 2 say that if u were doing 60and i came up behind you,,you wouldnt get away!!,,,0-60 youd destroy me,,quarter mile youd win but then again thats cos off your acceleration,, but be honest how many times on the road do standing starts actually happen??

just to make sure of this i thought id go check the specs off a rx7 mid 13s on the quarter mile vs the ftos mid 15s ehhh not to bad... but aint that good when you consider that a rx7 will reach 60mph 1 and a half secs before a fto,,,,so from your car to get from 60 to 102 and mine to get from 60 to 96 theres less than half a second in it.. not that much ehh on real road terms,,wouldnt you say itd all come down to the driver??

oh and i dont usually say this but since you said the gpx was slow.......least our engines can make it to 80 thousand miles without going bang

edited to ask what the top speed of a rx7 was?and what beter cars for the money there is? going by an all round package of looks/performance/handling and reliability........

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by rustyarchs]

Shut up j ust shut up , you really have no idea, any RX7 will leave a V6 FTO for dust , I can safley say that if you pulled up behind me at 60 i could let you past and give you a head start and still pass you no problem ,

And obviously you have fallen into the big thing about RX7s only lasting till 60K, its all lies , theres cars on over 120K on the standard factory built engine , its the same as any top end Jap car that you tune they are not goin to last for ever.

FTO is a Saxo of the Jap world
bradfincham

7th Nov 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been up against one before and the corsa showed it off. I was surprised how it didnt rape me!
Nismo

7th Nov 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactamundo Finchmister
bradfincham

7th Nov 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a good car for the money and insurance group!!
The fto club was at santa pod with the vxlscc and we embarrased all of them, some lad has a mad turbo'd one and someone i know in a standard LET corsa just waved bye bye up the strip, i mean by a few seconds
Nismo

7th Nov 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheesy went on a day out with the FTO club and smoked them all no problem.
rustyarchs

8th Nov 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shut up j ust shut up , you really have no idea, any RX7 will leave a V6 FTO for dust , I can safley say that if you pulled up behind me at 60 i could let you past and give you a head start and still pass you no problem ,

And obviously you have fallen into the big thing about RX7s only lasting till 60K, its all lies , theres cars on over 120K on the standard factory built engine , its the same as any top end Jap car that you tune they are not goin to last for ever

FTO is a Saxo of the Jap world

soory i was just going by what the figures just seemed to say and what iv noticed from being in them,,,,,the figures must be quite a bit off then ehh,,,by the way what was your top speed again? it must be mindblowing

as for teh 60 thou mile thing it must be a massive conspiracy theory then as every guide iv ever read seems to say that,,,plus most of the ones iv seen in auto trader all seem to have rebuilt engines at 60thou mark,,,,only most off them hence why i said 80 thou

and i always thought the honda vtecs were teh saxo equivellent

however i bow b4 your mighty talk and gladly await some figures that you can back up your 60mph+ headstart passing thing

[Edited on 08-11-2004 by rustyarchs]
rustyarchs

8th Nov 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
not a good car for the money and insurance group!!
The fto club was at santa pod with the vxlscc and we embarrased all of them, some lad has a mad turbo'd one and someone i know in a standard LET corsa just waved bye bye up the strip, i mean by a few seconds

tis possible as the fto is only in the same standard spec group as a cav 4x4 turbo and the new gsi astra turbo,, mid 15s aint that hot up the quarter mile hence why i said it earlier

strange thing is that both of the turbo ftos i know off run 13s,,,twas maybe a bad day for it though so might be possible
rustyarchs

8th Nov 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wooo just found out nismos mods,,,,,,his rx7 would leave mine
SetH

8th Nov 04 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO @ this thread
jaffa

8th Nov 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am more than happy with my FTO, i realise that there are faster cars out there and i am paying alot for 'slower' performance than a scooby rx7 etc

the looks of a car are important to me too and i love the looks of both standard FTO's and my kitted one.

performance is more than enough to beat most cars or put them of trying and i do main;y city driving so can't go too fast anyway

the car is nice to drive, looks good and performance is ok,
Nismo

8th Nov 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooom Tishhhhhhh

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MITSUBISHI FTO 2.0 V6 GPX 23 database queries in 0.1134291 seconds