corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FEW QUESTIONS>plz help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FEW QUESTIONS>plz help.
COR54 801

User status: Offline
   10th Nov 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know,what is actually used to smooth arches? how much it is? and where you can purchase it from?what else is needed?

ALSO=

Has anyone sprayed there car themselves?what equipment you need to do this with? where you can purchase it,also the different types of paint?

ANY HELP/APPRECIATED!
either u2u me with details or post a reply.
corsa_sri04

10th Nov 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smoothed arches are either gonna be sanded down lots or covered in filler.
Greg_M

10th Nov 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smooth arches to paint, or smooth arches into the car?
and as for the paint you'll need primer, plasic primer, top coat and lacquer. and a compressor with at least 1.5 hp, 2 hp preferably

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by Greg12v]
COR54 801

10th Nov 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks...... smooth the arches into the car? where can you purchase these items? e.g. paints / filler? what kind of filler?
has anyone attempted to do this?

in, the sense that: if you were to do all this work,yourself / would you be saving alot? or is it pointless,and best left to a professional?
Greg_M

10th Nov 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youve never done something like this before, and im guessing you havnt from the questions asked, i wouldnt attempt to smooth the arches into the car, leave it to a pro
COR54 801

10th Nov 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have rubbed down/sprayed my interior handles before/dash etc.
came out pretty well.... i also have the confidence,to try it.

just wondering,where you can purchase everything?
and what i need' IN FULL

COR54 801

10th Nov 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

any help,welcome
messham11

10th Nov 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the arches you'll need plastic primer, filler primer, paint colour and lacquer. can get em from halfords. just attempted mine using them and it didnt take well at all and they give a crap finish. Best left to pro's, gave mine to bodyshop monday and they redid em coz avin rear quarter panel painted so got em to do the lot....10 times better!!
1600power

11th Nov 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by COR54 801
does anyone know,what is actually used to smooth arches? how much it is? and where you can purchase it from?what else is needed?

ALSO=

Has anyone sprayed there car themselves?what equipment you need to do this with? where you can purchase it,also the different types of paint?

ANY HELP/APPRECIATED!
either u2u me with details or post a reply.

if you are genuinly asking these questions especially about spraying ur car yourself do not even think about attempting to do it yourself. It is not easy and has taken me 6 months teaching myself and im still far from getting my finishes spot on!

fairplay if u wanna try it but go and buy a book such as the one by Haynes about bodywork repairs or the paint finishing one!

New Poll