corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Flatspots

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flatspots
Tom_1.216v

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has so many flat spots throughout the rev range, i want to get rid of them as its making driving my car proper depressing! im fed up with the piece of shit! if anyone can help plz say somin.
topshot_2k
Banned

11th Nov 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got standard air filter or inductionkit?

coz i used to have a standard and then piperX filter but got bad flatspot
got a K&N and seems to be much better now (but ecu has been remapped also)
Tom_1.216v

11th Nov 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did drill my air box but i taped up the holes as my engine is well nosiy! dont know at the fcuk to do! only got 36,000 miles on clock!
gonna fill the tank up with optimax and get a can of that ecoteck power boost foam stuff! my mate tried it said it made a big inprovement.
considering puttin it in for a service soon.

anyone tried that powerboost stuff?
cheers topshot for ur reply.
Dom

11th Nov 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go down scrapping mate and get a replacement air box Also replace the panel filter with a K&N and like you said, fill it up with optimax...but it takes a few tanks apparently before you notice any difference

Also i would recommend that you wack some injector cleaner in the full tank of petrol, as you should do that every 6months or so anyways

failing that, take it into your garage and see what they say
James R

11th Nov 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The power boost stuff is just carb cleaner. I'd check the map sensor is plugged in correctly and the line to it is good. Then clean up the TB (a bugger to get to) and disconnect the ecu to wipe it.
Joff

11th Nov 04 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blaming flatspots on a type of air filter is laughable.

All you're doing when fitting a performance filter is (hopefully) increasing the amount of air getting to your inlet manifold, some of it may be hot air admittedly, but you'll find that with all induction kits - it's not an isolated problem.

From the factory, the car will be set up to expect a certain amount of air. Change the supply of air without making changes to these settings, then you can't blame the air filter.

Also, flat spots aren't something you can measure with your right foot on the road without any datalogging equipment and even with this or a rolling road test, the results will never be the same from one day to the next.

A 15-minute run on a rolling road day proves nothing.

Tom_1.216v

11th Nov 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys,
if i hadn't just brought magnex oval back box and gmax -60 kit which is gettin fitted tommorow! i'd sell my car but i'll try and get it all sorted.

also don't know if anyone knows wat this is but when im in 3rd,4th and five gear when i accerate there this ratting noise don't know wat this is but well annoying!!!! if someone could tell me wat this is i would be good.
Cheers
Paul_J

11th Nov 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe your Cat has fallen apart and is blocking some of your exhaust (thus causing weird flat spots and stuff) and rattling,
Tom_1.216v

11th Nov 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shut paul you know the problems we been avin with our 1.2 16v not the fuckin cat aswell. Takes the fcukin piss i'll ave it looked at tommorow while my cars in for exhaust and suspenion fitted tomorrow! hows the car paul mate any better?

New Poll