corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Outlook XP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Outlook XP
Andrew

User status: Offline
12th Nov 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been using Outlook XP for e-mails the last few days. Does anyone know how to speed this program up a little It's well slow when replying to e-mails; the system just seems to hang for about 10 seconds before it does anything I've put SP3 on although SP2 is intergrated but it makes no dif at all
Claire

12th Nov 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope sorry
ed

12th Nov 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't use it. It is slow and poopy.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Nov 04 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard of this problem in the past, last time turned out to be a virus scanner that was holding things up before allowing the user to do anything. I'm not recommending disabling it for a long time but you might want to just for some diagnosis.
Andrew

13th Nov 04 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried tuning off the AVG virus scan and ZoneAlarm. I think it's slow because it's intergrating with Word. With the old Office 2000 there was a tune up application you could run but can't see nothing with XP. Prob could do with a system upgrade now. The Athlon XP 2000+ is getting on a bit now.
DB666

13th Nov 04 at 03:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although the above will probably speed it up enough you may also want to change the way Outlook writes emails... by default it writes them in HTML rather than Rich Text or just plain text... best setting is plane text... to change it go into Tools > Options > Mail Format > Compose Messages In This Format :

Also untick the two boxes below that, all in all will help things along considerably

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Outlook XP 23 database queries in 0.0079181 seconds