corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » TD tuning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TD tuning
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking about getting a td corsa off my cousin. Its done 124000 miles, but said he'd prob sell it for about 500 notes. I've seen all the tutorials an that about tuning them, but was just wondering if you could replace the injectors with those from a 1.7td to up the fuelling. What about the turbo from the 1.7 ?? could that be used aswell ?? or are they the same ??

cheers

Steve

Mase
Kris TD

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used too have a corsa 1.5 td, well still do actually, its for sale, that made 99 bhp 132ib/ft on the rollers.
if i had kept it i had many plans for it.
start off by induction kit relocated to the other side of the engine bay and do the boost/ fuel tweek in the tutorial section.
the 1.7 injectors have a slightly higher flow rate, i have some in my garage but never got round too fitting them, however from what i read the standard ones are more than good enough.
as for the turbo, the 1.7 one is bigger and can handle more boost, however ite the other way up than the 1.5 one so its not a straight swap. you would need custom turbo hoses made up, which if your doing you may aswell put a huge intercooler and the 1.5 d inlet manifold on at the same time.
also a turbo bk exhaust will help a lot.

New Poll