corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Harrier Jet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Harrier Jet
Jamie

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ten-Four! Ten-Four!

Yorkshire (UK) police were jolted from their routine of traffic radar when they apparently began clocking a speeder at 300 mph. It proved to be no malfunction as a low-flying Harrier Jet screamed overhead a few seconds later.

When police officials registered a complaint with the Ministry of Defense about their damaged equipment, the MOD only replied that the damage could have been worse. Much worse.

It seems the Harrier's defense systems had locked onto their radar and had gone into an automatic pre-emptive strike mode before the pilot decided enemy anti-aircraft activity was unlikely along the motorways of northern England.

Rest of it - http://www.aerofiles.com/liteside2.html

dan.payne

3rd Dec 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shud of shot the c**ts down
Colin

3rd Dec 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

StuartGee

3rd Dec 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure I've read of the same happening up our way(ish) mate!
Couple of Highland Constabularys finest were bored, saw a couple of Tornados flying past, so decided to clock them! Same thing, Defence systems started going mental, trying to deploy countermeasures and lock on to the source!!
Nasty letter then sent out to all Stations from MoD warning of the dangers of this act!!

Vintage though!

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by StuartGee]
leeshez

3rd Dec 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha
Jamie

3rd Dec 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartGee
Sure I've read of the same happening up our way(ish) mate!
Couple of Highland Constabularys finest were bored, saw a couple of Tornados flying past, so decided to clock them! Same thing, Defence systems started going mental, trying to deploy countermeasures and lock on to the source!!
Nasty letter then sent out to all Stations from MoD warning of the dangers of this act!!

Vintage though!

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by StuartGee]

haahaha Ellon's F-I-N-E-S-T
Robbo

3rd Dec 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ste
Premium Member

3rd Dec 04 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is bollocks. i worked on the harrier GR7 2 years ago as an avionics techie and i worked on all the electronic defense systems and none have the capability of sending some hugh EMP or blast or radar energy that would damage any piece of radar equipment. all the systems are passive as in they detect and not transmit. otherwise there would be big problems flying around airports where they have huge radars.

ste

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

3rd Dec 04 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never the less still a funny story

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Dan B

4th Dec 04 at 04:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now that's a blast from the past, I remember reading this "joke" back when I started Uni, about 8-9 years ago!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Harrier Jet 24 database queries in 0.0917819 seconds