corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Will my car be written off?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Will my car be written off?
Mistamist

User status: Offline
8th Dec 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an accident this morning, basically some lad in a fiesta didnt realised that the traffic in front had stopped moving and decided to park in my boot.

heres a few pics

pic of my car is crap but will get some better ones tomorrow as the light has gone now but the bumper is hanging on for life, the boot only closes if i get militant, and the back seats are sitting at a funny angle as i think my sub attempted to sit in the front seat with me.

cars not worth a whole lot so what do you think will happen regarding insurance?

Mist

Half Pint

8th Dec 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bye Bye tin can
Colin

8th Dec 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep write off deffo.........cant be worth much that!
CorsaLad16v

8th Dec 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y can't all fiesta's look like that? much better all smashed up n off the road.

CCA

8th Dec 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the chassis has been bent which means it'll cost more to repair than your car is worth, they'll only give you the market value for it and with the age it wont be that much
StuartVRS

8th Dec 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh no That aint good at all At least it wont be your insurance that suffers mate but thats another uno turbo off the roads, getting rarer by the minute.
StuartVRS

8th Dec 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will probably only get about 700 quid or so aswell, but try and hold out for 1k, as there are still Uno turbos changing hands for 1500 quid or more.
CCA

8th Dec 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartA3Turbo
You will probably only get about 700 quid or so aswell, but try and hold out for 1k, as there are still Uno turbos changing hands for 1500 quid or more.

You'll have to be able to prove that the cars worth that if they come back with a low price. gather stuff like autotrader mag clippings of cars exactly like yours that are worth as much as possible
Shane

8th Dec 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky m8, i think the Si took more of a hammering though
Colin

8th Dec 04 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only 1 Uno Turbo in the AT

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=FIAT&model=UNO&min_pr=75&max_pr=&postcode=FK3+9DH&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=5&distance=259&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200446171526179
CCA

8th Dec 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only thing is EVERYTHING has to match like engine,age,roughly the same mileage,loadsa stuff, my insurance was a complete fucker for this an it took months to sort
Half Pint

8th Dec 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fight with the insurance for a cost to replace the car and not market value, especially if you have history photo copy it and do some research into other UnoGT's ato see how much with equal millage and condition.

By law they have to pay out cost to replace.... http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Mistamist

8th Dec 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are quite rare these days, still if i can get a decent amount for her then ill be happy, shame though we were becoming quite attached one annoying prroblem is the drivers seat, think the backrest mechanism is buggered as i got hit i ended up looking at the roof.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Will my car be written off? 23 database queries in 0.2280900 seconds