corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wireless WiFi Mumbo Jumbo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wireless WiFi Mumbo Jumbo
Voyto

User status: Offline
17th Dec 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laptop has "802.11b/g" connectivity apparently

what do i put into the desktop pc to make em connect rather than using a 30m cable round the house lol. is it just a network card or one of them box thingys? Can anyone recomend me what i need, somethin not too pricey but fast and reliable

[Edited on 17-12-2004 by Voyto]
Mase
Premium Member

17th Dec 04 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=45622

Mase
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Dec 04 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not go for Belkin, we have those at work and are shit, go for D-Link we'll be upgrading to these soon alot further range

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Mase
Premium Member

17th Dec 04 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i've got that in mine at the min an it seems fine. wot goes wrong ??

Mase
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Dec 04 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work as ICT tech in a school all teachers use wireless laptops...... using Belkin only half the school can get a strong enough reception, testing D-Link, the whole school can access this, maybe not necessary for what Voyto wants but for a very similliar price i would advice the D-Link.

Both will work just one will have a much larger radius

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Russ

18th Dec 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

d-link > anything without spending silly money
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 04 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to bring an internet connection in to both computer you would be better with a router than using the desktop to route.
Voyto

18th Dec 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on dial up tho and wont be having broadband round here for a while. i had to dial up on the desktop and go over and reconnect when it cuts me off. Dlink is the best then?
Voyto

18th Dec 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its being cheeky but i aint got a clue what the difference is... could some1 pick one from the PCI cards make by Dlink that i need
http://www.expansys.com/d_wireless.asp
i just want it to be fast and have really good range. doesnt matter with price
my pc is an athalon 1.4ghz i think if that makes ne difference?

[Edited on 18-12-2004 by Voyto]
Voyto

18th Dec 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and whats the wireless access point?? do i need one of them? :S

New Poll