corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coilover fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilover fitting
diddon

User status: Offline
4th Jan 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much should I be looking at paying a garage to fit and setup coilovers with the camber etc.

They will be FK highsport coilovers on a 1.8 sri corsa c

Cheers
diddon

4th Jan 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
AdiSRI

4th Jan 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask painz he had his fk fitted ayt my local garage...
Joff

4th Jan 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask J100RSA as he fitted mine.
TOMAS

4th Jan 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming the Corsa C's are very similar to the B's then fitting time should take approx 1.5-2.0 hours - average backstreet garage £40 p/h?

Its usually around £30 for a full lazer 4-wheel allignment inc adjusting of the toe (tracking) but this does not inc setting the camber. As camber is altered by sliding the bolt along the elongated hole its really trial and error but will take some time so i'd ADD a further £20 to that price for just the camber setup. Try and get them to hit 1 deg of neg camber as that is pretty good for most. Make sure they set it to correct drop BEFORE they do the alignment and if possible work out if it will scrub.

My way of doing it (but I can fit suspension easy on a Corsa B) would be....

Fit the coilovers WITHOUT the springs and approx 1 deg neg camber (to the eye) and drop it on the floor - this way you can easily establish where it bottoms-out and possible bump-scrub in the arches.

If your finding its sitting on its arches BIG STYLE then you can almost be certain it will scrub under harsh driving/bumps etc - possible solutions if its REALLY on the arches would be bigger bumpstops (longer), arch mods or smaller wheels/tyres.

Now remove the coilovers and refit the springs, refit the coilover legs & wind the springs to the desired drop - try to give it at least 25-30mm above the height it was at WITHOUT the springs (bottomed out), the more the better really here but your probably going to want it low...

Now get its camber set and a four-wheel alignmnet done and your away - give it some in the corners to see if it scrubs.

REMEMBER if you alter the height of the coilover then you MUST get the alignment re-done as it will alter the toe as you rasie/drop the car.

[Edited on 04-01-2005 by TOMAS]

New Poll