corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » recorded delivery - what happens if???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author recorded delivery - what happens if???
1600power

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recorded delivery - what happens if the item arrives damaged and wont work? is this covered under the insurance? might seem like a daft question but im sending a graphics card to sum1 on eBay and i wanna makesure that its covered under the insurance if the guy recieves it and then says it doesnt work?

Thanks!
Ben
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its covered against loss/damage

if its fucked , tell them and they will pay for it
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 05 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recorded is insured up to £28.

Anything more you need special delivery.

I think you're covered for damage in transit.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 05 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=500201&catId=400028
Cavey

5th Jan 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you go to send it, just tell them what you want, and how much it's worth, they'll sort it for you.

Unless they're idiots, which is quite possible
vibrio
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
recorded delivery - what happens if the item arrives damaged and wont work? is this covered under the insurance? might seem like a daft question but im sending a graphics card to sum1 on eBay and i wanna makesure that its covered under the insurance if the guy recieves it and then says it doesnt work?

Thanks!
depends on the type of recorded delivery. if it's just normal then your only due £25 I think. the next day special you can get more
1600power

5th Jan 05 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks peeps
Joff

5th Jan 05 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With recorded delivery, if the item fails to arrive, you'll get a book of stamps as compensation
Welsh Dan

6th Jan 05 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righto.
There is only one kind of Recorded Delivery. The other kind that you may be getting confused with is Special Delivery. Special and Recorded Delivery are completely different.

Recorded Delivery insures for £28.00, against damage or loss. If its lost, you're entitled to up to £28.00 to cover the cost of the item. If its damaged, again you're entitled to up to £28.00, to either replace the item or get the item repaired. However, this would be for physical damage, as it would be hard to prove that the item was working before it was sent. In either case, Royal Mail are under no obligation to refund the postage, but may do so as a gesture of goodwill. So if the item is worth £27.00, and the postage was £3.00, normally you'd only get the £27.00 back
BlueCorsa

6th Jan 05 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, as with Recorded delivery, standard first class postage insurance is also £28 compensation - i.e. 100x first class stamps.

IMHO there's no point in sending anything Recorded, as you can get a free certificate of posting from the post office when you send stuff first class, and you can use this if the item is lost/damaged when it arrives to claim compensation. I only use recorded if I need to prove that the item was delivered - i.e. documents with no monetary value but that are important, etc.

Special Delivery is automatically insured to £500 value, so the best option for sending expensive goods over £30 worth.

Tariq

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » recorded delivery - what happens if??? 23 database queries in 0.0075731 seconds