corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » top 10 fastest cars on here in order.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author top 10 fastest cars on here in order.
timrud_

User status: Offline
15th Jan 05 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F28, pick one up for £300ish, then £100 to convert to FWD. You might need a new clutch to match too? PLus new mounts and labour to fit.

Worth it all day long, as you know its not gonna blow up when you boot it (always a lottery with the F20), plus you have the luxary of 6th gear..... better top end and great for motorway economy cruising!
Akeemking

22nd Jan 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timrud_
Running Phase 3.5, with a hybrid turbo and enlarged top hat etc....

Just a normal 4x4 F28 converted to FWD is what I run. I can put the power down in 2nd if I'm sensible with the throttle. It is really about just feeding it at the right points. Taken me ages to master!

If I switch my brain off and its really wet it will spin on the motorway in sixth!

True...
same here but with ATB
need really bad to master that

i'm running Evo310 from Vmax with rallylet cams from him also

Thinking on that turbo also...

Timrud... were is your peak at? Mine at bout 3400rpm... i'm thing in changing the turbo for a bigger one
i think it puts the power 1000rpm higher... ( well, it did on my m8z Astra Coupe Turbo on eds stuff)
putting it abit higher and taking abit on lower revs... would be nice

quote:
..... and when it spins in sixth on the motorway it is a bit hairy, as only the left wheel will spin, and it does rip you accross lanes!

Same as mine...

The small transmission drive on that side must be to blame... maybe... the better tyres and suspention setup helped it.... but still scares me... so.. rain driving with Focus diesel... streetracing on dry condictions, general street fun and trackday... corsaturbo!!!

P.S.: Ppl on mig are talking about new quaife F28 stuff for this year... will look for a bank to rob right now!!!!
timrud_

22nd Jan 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What stuff is this from quiafe?

Got a link to it please???

You can do an equal length shaft conversion which stops the left wheel from doing what it wants! I drive a 1.2 clio in the wet! Oh yes!

I've not had mine rolling roaded yet, but I'd say peak feels between 4000 and 5000. Again I'm running a bigger turbo on EDS stuff, so sounds like your mates.
Jambo

22nd Jan 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am starting to experience the lack of economy on the motorway, its almost impossible to keep it under 70mph

Shall upgrade to an F28 when i am not quite as skint
Captain_Rosco

22nd Jan 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny69
Is there any RWYB days arranged for all the corsas on here???

Not a bad idea that. Sort out a National CS Meet.

Joff

22nd Jan 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
why?

std c20 isnt it?

stripped? suspension?

cams head work coilovers lower strut upper strut etc... polly bushes seemwelded engine bay with the metal plates in too...
also it handled very very well when it was a 1.6 i thought........

pah dunno!

I lied.

It's had a 5p resistor mod and that's it
Drew
Banned

22nd Jan 05 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I am starting to experience the lack of economy on the motorway, its almost impossible to keep it under 70mph

i dont understand??? i have more bhp, more torque, and i can quite happily drive at under 70mph on a motorway
Marc

22nd Jan 05 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

22nd Jan 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

i dont understand??? i have more bhp, more torque, and i can quite happily drive at under 70mph on a motorway

I mean, you dont need mnuch oooomph to get you to 70, there fore im used to driving a 1.4 it takes quite a bit of effort to get to 70mph, now when i hit 70 i carry on driving as usualy look back at the speedo 10secs later doing 90

Drew
Banned

22nd Jan 05 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont roll your eyes at me mister
Jambo

22nd Jan 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You love it when i make eyes at you tho
Akeemking

22nd Jan 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What stuff is this from quiafe?

Got a link to it please???

Can find it now... xit... will search it again later....

quote:
I've not had mine rolling roaded yet, but I'd say peak feels between 4000 and 5000. Again I'm running a bigger turbo on EDS stuff, so sounds like your mates.

Yeh... sounds like it... wich one you got? Hows the drive then? Lag?

My mates astra is as strong as mine on high speed, my 6th and hes 5th at 250kmh (on my stack)... hes running 280hp. Mine is stronger in any other gear.... but when i put 6th... its the same as this astra! Ofcourse if we are pulling from lower speeds i get advantage and build it up to that speed. The road or traffic stoped us everytime before more speed was build up. I would like less power on low revs, and more lung on higher ones.

What do you think?
Mattb

22nd Jan 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
WHEN my car is fixed and back on the road i am hoping for a good re-tune by PowerEngineering... then i will be running sweet as

i can get the power down really nicely, not in first mind 2nd can be a total joke...

in the wet i have had it spinning up in 4th and 5th... not got enough power to spin up in 6th yet Tim

280bhp is all good, and from about 40mph the car is all good... but i really need to sort out the handling bad.. its not the best thing round corners

we shall see once i get myself a proper big boys job (which should be pretty soon)

at least ya got an lsd tho

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » top 10 fastest cars on here in order. 23 database queries in 0.0873539 seconds