corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Badboy Bonnets

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Badboy Bonnets
Rich S

User status: Offline
29th Jan 05 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian has it down to a T! Everyone can find cheap parts/cheap bodyshops etc, then they come on here and moan about the quality of the parts or the service.

I used to be a customer just like the rest of you before starting this place up and i went for the cheaper option at times and learnt my lesson the hard way, i found crash repair bodyshops really dont know how to do modifying work! Our apprentices go to college and study crash repair one day a week (cos theres obviously no modifying course at college lol) and they dont learn any fibreglass work there at all, its all learnt at our place. So its prob a sure bet that when you get your badboy done at a crash shop, they weld it up as good as the rest of us, but then its just fillered over and primed. I'll be posting up later a price for these badboy bonnets and am thinking we'll do an exchange thing aswell probs. Anymore views on price wouldn't go amiss though.
Cheers
Rich
hitman2k

29th Jan 05 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can vouch for the workman ship is top dollar will drop u an email when i get car back m8
jow

29th Jan 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i mis read your first post and i see that you supply a new bonnet so i would pay more than my suggested 50 if thats the case
J da Silva

29th Jan 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Richard my old sonnyjim, I think you'd be quite interested in how I made mine bad boy'd, not just sticking a bit of material over the top of the light and filling it, a lot more to it to make it stronger than most modding companies who do these bonnets.
IlfordCorsa16V

29th Jan 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall say about £170-180 cos then obviously most garages charge that much as well, so if you lower the price down a tad then at least you would get alot more buyers?? but dont take my word for it, only a suggestion.
IlfordCorsa16V

29th Jan 05 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh and then your lookin at paying anotha 100 to get it sprayed.
loo_goblin

29th Jan 05 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got all the equipment to do it i am just scared. lol, what sort of metal shall i use, good opportunity to try out the new plasma cutter, mmmmm
IlfordCorsa16V

29th Jan 05 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loo_goblin
i got all the equipment to do it i am just scared. lol, what sort of metal shall i use, good opportunity to try out the new plasma cutter, mmmmm

why dont u get any metal and practice wielding, filling and smoothing. then when u get a bit more confident, go scrapyard and get a old corsa bonnet and try with that. so at least no harm done to your own.
Morley

29th Jan 05 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 to spray it LOL

who charges £100 to spray a bonnet lol, I know garages that only do insurance repairs that charge less than that to spray a bonnet
dna23

29th Jan 05 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if u wanna sell alot i'd say set ure price 150-180 but why not do like an exchange where they give u there bonnet then u work onto it and charge them a lower cost that way u give ppl the option...

one more thing i am interested in a bad boy bonnet and smoothed boot but leaving the numberplate recess.... if u were to do these on top of my existing one's (no need to buy new ones) then how much wud u charge? (leaving it in primer obviously i wud get it sprayed) thanks mate
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jan 05 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Morley
£100 to spray it
Don't forget, this is from welded metal and filler to a paint finish, not just slapping a bit of paint on and looking happy.
J da Silva

29th Jan 05 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I advise you don't get it sprayed up straight away, give the filled area's time to be bedded in or sunk first, then ya paint don't flake
the_legend_of_yrag

30th Jan 05 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i paid £200 didnt i rich? Worth that imo
stubbsy

30th Jan 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old bonnett cost me £250. that was my bonnett badboyed, extended and custom one off vent put in it, was also sprayed.

this place is a accident repair place and they did an exellent job
Rich S

30th Jan 05 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices will be up on Monday

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Badboy Bonnets 23 database queries in 0.0131531 seconds