corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Different Mudflaps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Different Mudflaps
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 05 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wandering around a vauxhall spares scrappy the other day just fishing around for bits and pieces, and the guy said to me. "Anything you want in particular, I noticed your driving a 98' Corsa and Ive got some mudflaps you can have for a 5er"

I said, ok why not, so chucked em' in the boot.

Now looking at them, the front ones go on fine with the little metal clips, but how the hell do the rear ones go on? They dont even look the right shape, I can slide the top of the flap onto my bumper, but as I push it up it seems to bend the flap until its all skewered and wont fit right

Could he have sold me some from a pre 97 car or something, or am I doing it wrong?

Pics of your mudflaps close up would help alot

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
calidus

7th Mar 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strange request but heres a quicky

Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, you got any of the side, But I now know that if I get the bloody things on, they'll look great on an arden blue corsa

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
calidus

7th Mar 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmm ok lets try this one

Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right they look the same, and your bumpers the same as mine, but I cant get the fnargin things to go on

The little recess where the screw hole is on the mudflap wont fit into the little indentation in the bottom of the bumper

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Mar 05 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pre and post 97 ones are subtly different but will go on.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The pre and post 97 ones are subtly different but will go on.

Will go on?

Do you know how lol?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Mar 05 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't but I remember comparing a set, the base of where the screw goes is about 5mm higher on the late ones, but they are soft enough for it not to matter.

You sure they're Corsa and not something else?
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure theyre Corsa, I saw him picking about at half a corsa B in his big shed, so Im guessing theyre from that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll