corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » blueprinting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author blueprinting
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
7th Mar 05 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does this actually involve/do?
my mates into fords and some of the guys he knows have got blueprinted blocks but i aint got a clue what it is????
bradfincham

7th Mar 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it means matching the head to the exhaust ports, inlet ports,

basically just removes small manufacturing errors on the inlet and exhaust side of things, so the air and exhaust gases flow much smoother and faster
broster
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry brad...
it means the complete engine has been built to the best tollerences available from the manufacturers specification....i.e. the biggest valves that the tollerences allow, the biggest pistons that they allow...
bradfincham

7th Mar 05 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was always told it means matching the inlet and exhaust ports, manifold, meaning a smoother inlet rather then the rough as there machined from the factory
bradfincham

7th Mar 05 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ENGINE BLUEPRINTING
Engine blueprinting has become standard procedure in many performance engine shops. Blueprinting is an absolute necessity to obtain maximum power and to insure the longest possible engine life and reliability.

Blueprinting an engine means hand building an engine with perfectly fit components using maximum recommended clearances, and minimum recommended volumes. These specifications should be determined using the engine manufacturer's tolerances for the engine being built.

All parts must be one hundred percent clean. The block should be boiled out making certain water jackets are perfectly clean. All bolt holes should be re-tapped, cleaned and oiled, as well as their mating bolts. Any surfaces being refinished should have all holes chamfered, and any casting burrs or irregularities should be ground away.
CorsAsh

7th Mar 05 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
i was always told it means matching the inlet and exhaust ports, manifold, meaning a smoother inlet rather then the rough as there machined from the factory

That's porting mate...
broster
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes pretty much what i was getting at building the engine to the best of the tolerances....... doing the head like you said is just flowing the head and matching the ports
bradfincham

7th Mar 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were both right then
broster
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no.

"Blueprinting an engine means hand building an engine with perfectly fit components using maximum recommended clearances, and minimum recommended volumes. These specifications should be determined using the engine manufacturer's tolerances for the engine being built. "

where does it say about machining the head etc!? its dont using perfectly matched parts.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » blueprinting 23 database queries in 0.0101180 seconds