corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Features

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Features
Macca_G

User status: Offline
10th Mar 05 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do people not feel that magazines should pay to feature your car...? You put in the hard work and they make money out of the magazine cos your car is on the front... least they could do is give you a few quid.. just a thought
Paula Corsa

10th Mar 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, why should they??. it costs them enough money to produce the magazine in the first place. plus they have to pay the photographer and Journo to attend. So I would say no.
Sidesport

10th Mar 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a honour (sp) for the owner.
Penna

10th Mar 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon they should pay a little, or if not pay u some, give u like a free subscription or sommat like that..

But i mean u do get ur car in a mag, and the privledge of thousands of peeps being jealous of it, lol

[Edited on 10-03-2005 by Penna]
Joff

10th Mar 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No.

Why do owners want their car featured? If I wanted everyone to see how I spend my money I'd just scan a copy of my credit card statement.
Penna

10th Mar 05 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess peeps want there car featured because thats where ud wanna get, I mean all the time and effort peeps put into doin there car up, its like a reward to have it featured
Joff

10th Mar 05 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Penna
I reckon they should pay a little, or if not pay u some, give u like a free subscription or sommat like that..

But i mean u do get ur car in a mag, and the privledge of thousands of peeps being jealous of it, lol

[Edited on 10-03-2005 by Penna]

You normally get a couple of issues free. Or if you get your car onto a stand at shows, you get free entry to the event. If the car's really good you might be able to blag overnight accommodation.

Companies often supply cheap or free parts to owners with a guaranteed feature.

Dan. T

10th Mar 05 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I guess peeps want there car featured because thats where ud wanna get, I mean all the time and effort peeps put into doin there car up, its like a reward to have it featured

I disagree, i mod my car to my liking if someone likes it then take a photo, wudnt want it in a mag just so chav's can pick it to bits
Joff

10th Mar 05 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd not wanna get there.

It's not really any effort into modifying a car. All you do is spend money and when the car's off the road, just use another car or public transport.

Why modify to impress when the majority of modified vehicles are created in such a state, they're more likely to get laughs than admiration.
Sidesport

10th Mar 05 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With Redline you get a laod of free copies and a £20 Auto Glym cleaning kit.
Joff

10th Mar 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magazine features are a great way of being able to study at great length all the modifications the cars got - where the expensive ICE is, where the car's likely to be found, etc.

A TWOCER's dream come true.
Penna

10th Mar 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I guess so,
Carl

10th Mar 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a conspiracy, Barry Boys runs maxpower and is using it to get free laughs and take over the world. They are building an army of chavs with cars protected with fibre glass rather than tanks. We are all doomed.
Andy Stocker

10th Mar 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When C13 was featured on the cover of Redline I was given free entry to the show that I was on their stand.
I also got 4 free alloys from Mille Miglia after I kerbed my old ones just before the feature because Redline put in a good word for me.
Also got quite a few free copies of the feature too
Marc

10th Mar 05 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
No.

Why do owners want their car featured? If I wanted everyone to see how I spend my money I'd just scan a copy of my credit card statement.

Can i have a copy when you do it?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Features 23 database queries in 0.0181730 seconds