corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Do u suggest stripping the entire with little experience?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do u suggest stripping the entire with little experience?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
25th Mar 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i'm taking my XE engine out starting end of April, once that is out i'll be taking all the interior out as i want to send it to the body shop.

Do you peeps suggest taking it back to a bare shell and sending that there, with the doors etc or just strip the interior/engine and leave the wheels one.

I want everywhere rubbed down on the car and re-done, plus undersealing.

I'm a little dubious about only having it rubbed down though, but i'd be talking serious cash for a bare metal job?
TOMAS

25th Mar 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure the Rally ADR at chesterfield can bead-blast a full shell. I'll try and get you details but yes BIG cash. Why exactly do you want it all back to bare metal, what are you having done - stitch welding the whole shell for big power/ competition?

[Edited on 25-03-2005 by TOMAS]
X 60RSA

25th Mar 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not crazy power, maybe 300tops, depends on cash really. I 'm a bit of a fussy cnt though, i want it to be bloody perfect, not just what you can see but also underneath, behind the bumpers etc.

I have some tiny rust spots here and there, appears to have come from behind the paint and bubbled up, how i dont know.........was a little concerned that these might re-appear if i dont get it done propper!

I suppose when i take it to a body shop they'll know whats what!

Maybe i should just have a full respray and get them to tidy up what needs doing. There is a small bit of rust in the spare wheel well, just stuff like that hacks me off!

TOMAS

25th Mar 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if its just big power i'd just stitch around the bay, this will need to be back to bear metal and then respray. I'd get them to go over it with a fine tooth comb and rub down the nasty bits. Is this going to be a show car or daily car as I wouldnt be bothered about it being PERFECT unless its show car as english weather/use will mean it gets a little 'weathered'.

What colour you going? I find good solid glossy primary colours work perfect for clean-looking motors. Are you leaving the interior stripped out then? Are you having a cage put in?
X 60RSA

25th Mar 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure what a corsa could take upto power wise without stress cracks appearing.........don't want that to be happening! I'd say most people on here have just banged them straight in and all has been ok.....

It will be a show car, will only be used from May to September them back off the road, hense why i want it VERY tidy.

Was thinking of going for the same colour as i love mine, especially at night........but like a really mirror/flat as fcuk finish to it..........or should i go for something different?

Doubt i'll be doing a big kit, so not looking for a flip or a pearl i dont think.

New Poll