corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dump da pump 2005

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dump da pump 2005
Twiggy

User status: Offline
14th May 05 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may or may want to do this, but I'm only the messenger -

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN GREAT BRITIAN DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION POUNDS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.
THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED A FORTNIGHT AGO? REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.
WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF GREAT BRITIAN SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

IMO.... peeps will just tank it up the day before....
City

14th May 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old
Matt G

14th May 05 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, lol, i wont buy n e on that day then
Twiggy

14th May 05 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vinyl Matt
cool, lol, i wont buy n e on that day then

Just buy some the day before
Twiggy

14th May 05 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City
I like fucking old people

Ew!!!
myke

14th May 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

won't make fuck all difference to anyone, anywhere.
vibrio
Banned

14th May 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caps lock
Twiggy

14th May 05 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
won't make fuck all difference to anyone, anywhere.

needs to be a week or 2!!!!
myke

14th May 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they wont have 'stockpiles' (fluid doesn't pile very well anyway)
it'll just mean the pumps stay full longer.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th May 05 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the garages would need to not accept deliveries on that day and even if they don't, one day either side will make no difference whatsoever.

If this is a simple matter of supply and demand then the only way to bring price down by decreasing demand is to do less miles or get cars which use less petrol.

When the majority of people in this country start using public transport and change their cars maybe then we will see a decrease in demand so market conditions say that price must come down.

However, there will then be less economy of scale, still costs the same to deliver a tanker full of fuel whether its used up in a day or a week, so the different will be very small anyway.

I'm personally not prepared to not use me car so much as I do, and certainly not for no benefit.
Twiggy

14th May 05 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Surely the garages would need to not accept deliveries on that day and even if they don't, one day either side will make no difference whatsoever.

If this is a simple matter of supply and demand then the only way to bring price down by decreasing demand is to do less miles or get cars which use less petrol.

When the majority of people in this country start using public transport and change their cars maybe then we will see a decrease in demand so market conditions say that price must come down.

However, there will then be less economy of scale, still costs the same to deliver a tanker full of fuel whether its used up in a day or a week, so the different will be very small anyway.

I'm personally not prepared to not use me car so much as I do, and certainly not for no benefit.

Yerrr Ian for PM!!!!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dump da pump 2005 23 database queries in 0.0105669 seconds