corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2lt Sri 130 8v engine in a corsa...advice pls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2lt Sri 130 8v engine in a corsa...advice pls
Causerino

User status: Offline
15th May 05 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, im wanting to do a lil project corsa, mainly putting the above engine into it. ive decided on this engine as i have one laying around, and it will keep the insurance down.......

what i need adivce on is what stats i am going to be looking at once its finished??

Also, which are the best companies to look at to complete a engine conversion?

Worth it or not people?

Thank you in advance!

CorsAsh

15th May 05 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically the fundamental mechanic bits like mounts are the same as those used in a C20XE conversion - 2.0l 16v GSi engine... a search will bring up plenty of results, theres a post concerning that almost every couple of days...

They're nice torquey engine IIRC, should be quite driveable. Guy on here by the name of Drew had a 2.0l 8v corsa, so u2u him - though he doesn't come on much any more...

[Edited on 15-05-2005 by CorsAsh]
Causerino

15th May 05 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive had a read up on the conversion kits already, just mainly going to look about to find the best deal on one....if i was a competent mechanic i would think of doing it myself....but i cant be trusted to cut the lawn...

is that his username on here? if so ill send him a message to find out more details on performance etc...
CorsAsh

15th May 05 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats his username...
Causerino

16th May 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any body have any idea what performance i am going to be looking at from doing this?
Causerino

16th May 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any advice?? anyone??
Ant

16th May 05 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt comment on perormavce to be honest, but from personal experience I find you always want more, so if your going to the toruble of a conversion you may as well drop a 16v in, but then you could say the same about peeps who fit xe, why not let...

I dorve an astra GTE 8v and it put a smile on my face lots of low down torque!
Causerino

16th May 05 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know im going to be wanting more......its just the fact of i cant afford more...for insurnace anyway....

i am hoping it will give me a fair amount of speed.....0-60 wise ...and top end.......but thats really what im trying to find
CorsAsh

16th May 05 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well with the F20 box you're gonna be limited to 135 anyway IIRC. 0-60 with an XE is around 7 secs isnt it, so I'd expect the 8v to be (just guessin here) about 8 or 9
Causerino

16th May 05 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know the rough times for the 0-60 in a cavvie....wonder what they will be in a corsa tho...

New Poll