corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 sri 8v....opinions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 sri 8v....opinions...
calidus

User status: Offline
28th May 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im considering building up an SRI as i can pick one up relatively cheap, and i would like to know what can be done engine tuning wise...short of fitting a nova gsi lump in which is incredibly easy and would be one of my first choices...

I was after finding out if i could get carbs onto the lump easily(webers) or if i would be better off going throttlebodied or turboed? i was originally after chasing round for a sport 1.4 16v however i am seriously considering the SRi 8v as the 8v engine i have not tried using before. Whats your humble views? would it be relatively cheap modding fun or a waste of time?
calidus

28th May 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm....help?
Adam-D

28th May 05 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how cheap is cheap?
is the sxi runnin?
Will94

28th May 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well in my opinion the 8v would be a safer option, parts are cheaper, easier to get hold of, less complicated and a lot less prone to problems. No EGR system to pack up for starters! and besides the fact they only got 8 instead of 16v, only 8 brake behind it so it isnt difficult to get it up to the same power as a 16v. Why i plan to change to a C14SE when my C12NZ comes out
ryzer

28th May 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a C14SE engine, good little engine.
im thinking of a cam upgrade, but these engines go pretty cheap now, and arent slow for what they are
calidus

28th May 05 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the SXi is running after locating a earth not connected underneath...its totally bk to standard, i am now looking into geting a red SRi 8v to play with, it MUST have a sunroof though tilt and slide as i have not had a sunroof for getting on 4years lol
Nasher

29th May 05 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for the 8v, so much less to go wrong and piss easy to work on. and my uncles got an 8v sri, quicker than my 16v sport!
RobHayes

29th May 05 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think back a few years to mine, and then think long and hard for reasons not to
calidus

29th May 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i remember yours...driving it rnd town with u as u got bored of cruising lol it was v nice, just weighing some stuff up, never looked at what potential the 8v lumps have or are lacking before
James R

30th May 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to leavew it std then they are good reliable engines that can't realy go wrong.
On the tunnign front, don't bother unless you're racing.
as soon as you blow £500 you could easily have a 2L which is dead easy to do and has 2x the ommph.

New Poll